Position Summary: The Manager, Security oversees all JetBlue security processes and procedures related to the company's operations in Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands. The Manager will carry out all of the Corporate Security Department's mission responsibilities in Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands and elsewhere in Latin America when required. The Manager will also serve as the Vice President of Corporate Security's personal representative in maintaining effective liaison with law enforcement, intelligence and regulatory officials whose jurisdiction impacts upon aviation operations in Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands. Essential Functions: *Implement and manages all JetBlue's Corporate Security programs in Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands and other JetBlue destinations as necessary.
Requirements Minimum Qualifications: *High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's Degree from an accredited University or College preferred. *Total Fluency in speaking, reading and writing the English and Spanish languages. *At least five (5) years of previous security related work in the law enforcement, intelligence, regulatory or private/corporate security sector, which includes supervisory experience. *Willingness and availability to travel on a frequent and unplanned basis.
- Be readily available to deploy and assist JetBlue Corporate Security leadership at other Blue Cities in a proactive and reactive manner, as circumstances dictate. *Assess, implement and maintain security requirements for all JetBlue markets in Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands. *Develop and maintain effective working relationships with US and foreign officials in security matters that affect JetBlue operations. *Maintain strong and effective communication with and support of all JetBlue internal stakeholders and business partners and act as principal liaison with external stakeholders in Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.
- Submit frequent, accurate and timely written and oral reports to JetBlue Corporate Security leadership. *Maintains strong and effective working relationship with JetBlue's Airports and People Departments leadership in support of the core business function. *Responsible for identifying security vulnerabilities/issues and thereafter recommends and implements mitigation strategies. *Assists the People Department with Crewmember pre-employment vetting process.
Working Conditions: Equipment: *Computer and other office equipment Work Environment: *Airport (foreign and domestic) environments *Government offices *Position requires coverage during nights and weekends Physical Effort: *When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable Crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft. *Light physical effort required by handling objects up to 20 pounds occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently. (Light) *Frequent travel aboard aircraft Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position.
- Proficient in situational assessment and the detailed reporting of events under stressful circumstances. *Well groomed, able to maintain a professional appearance and capable of responsibly and effectively operating in a remote and independent environment. *Organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit and conforms with the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Fun and Passion. *Pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test.
- Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located. *When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable Crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: *Refined interpersonal skills. *Excellent verbal and written English and fluent Spanish communication skills.
- Knowledge of the structure, operations and functions of both US and foreign governments. *Demonstrated competencies in leadership, production of written work product, supervision and the ability to task and promote staff development. *Ability to effectively interface with all JetBlue operational components and foreign government and private Business partners. *Proficient with Microsoft Office and other IT business suites.
Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes. EOE/D/F/M/V
JetBlue Airways - 13 months ago
JetBlue Airways Corporation (JetBlue) is a passenger airline that provides customer service primarily on point-to-point routes. During the...