In providing consumer-oriented health benefit plans to millions of people, our goal is to create higher quality care, lower costs and greater access to health care. As a finance professional, you will be empowered to achieve new levels of excellence and make a profound and personal impact as you contribute to new innovations in a vital and complex system.
The Finance Director is responsible for various financial functions including business analytics, annual planning and quarterly forecasting, metrics reporting and ad-hoc analysis. This person will also create in-depth financial models and analysis of company financial and operational metrics to evaluate and influence numerous aspects of the company's business performance.
The person in this position will have broad responsibilities, including:
- Generating annual financial plans and quarterly forecasts for Behavioral Health programs
- Membership analysis and impact on revenue payments and medical trend
- Monthly analysis of medical expense results, premium yields, identifying trends, variances and potential performance opportunities and/or concerns at the market level
- Providing finance support around existing contract reviews and new business opportunities
- Partner with Field-based leaders to understand and control operating expenses
- Workforce productivity reviews and developing annual / quarterly FTE plans/forecasts
- Lead development of business/financial case for specific initiatives or capital investments
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve processes and identify areas of improvement
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and evaluate new business opportunities
- Very strong communications skills needed for working with internal & external customers and stakeholders
OptumHealth is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
- Bachelor degree in business Finance or Accounting.
- 7+ years progressive financial planning and analysis experience
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Strong analytic background, attention to details
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Enterprise financial systems such as PeopleSoft/Oracle
OptumHealth helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their health care needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
At OptumHealth, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
UnitedHealth Group - 22 months ago
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...