Job Purpose: The Manager, Supply Chain Security is responsible for the implementation and management of global supply chain security strategies for Avnet global facilities. This position reports to the Vice President, Global Security and is based in Phoenix, AZ.
Core Functional Areas of Expertise:
C-TPAT/Global Customs Pgm
Crime Prevention Strategies
Security Policy Development
Program Training Development
Inventory Shrinkage Strategies
Facility Risk Assessment
Crime Trend Analysis
Security Program Compliance
Security Due Diligence
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
This position requires an individual who has a broad base of supply chain security knowledge, the ability to identify and analyze supply chain security issues and trends and influence other non-security personnel in the implementation of security programs.
- Administer the Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) program at assigned locations by providing the leadership and direction necessary to secure the global supply chain. Analyze business and global trends for supply chain security to determine applicability to Avnet; provide regional assistance in obtaining certifications for global Customs supply chain security initiatives; maintain current certifications.
- Provide expertise in conducting physical security audits and implementing regional supply chain security initiatives and technologies. Manages vendors for the performance of a broad range of supply chain security-related functions in such the areas as distribution, transportation, and storage of products.
- Responsible for implementing supply chain security strategies for education, awareness standards, audits and brand protection. Implements consistent standards, programs, assessments and procedures for the global supply chain.
- Identify security risks to the international distribution supply chain.
- Implement strategies and programs which prevent theft, diversion and losses from the global supply chain in partnership with Avnet business groups.
- Work with key business partners to develop effective strategies to mitigate supply chain vulnerabilities, maintain continuity of operations and safeguard the organization from supply chain security risks.
- Collaborate with appropriate Avnet business units to provide security input regarding the selection of supply chain vendors. Develop and maintain relationships with government and international supply chain partners.
- Create a framework to assess, classify and resolve security risks. Conduct security risk assessments using established evaluation methods.
- Responsible for security due diligence assessments on potential business partners such as wholesalers, distributors, and customs brokers and other business-critical functions regionally.
- Develop key liaison contacts in industry, law enforcement, government and regulatory agencies to maintain awareness of and provide strategic response to pending legislation, industry trends, external risks and new technologies related to supply chain security.
- Oversee the facility security risk assessment program. Conduct site physical security surveys to evaluate risk and vulnerability at company locations. Assist in assessing, developing and implementing best practices to ensure the appropriate level of physical security and response to any security issues in the region.
- Utilizes coalition building to engage district partners in preventing and reducing the exposure to security risks.
- Develop new methods to identify, reduce and control inventory shrinkage and other losses that negatively impact profits. Analyze loss trends for the identification of opportunities, to strengthen internal processes and minimize risks. Coordinate with internal and external auditors to establish safeguards and protect company assets.
- Engages internal partners and consultants in evaluating specific security challenges and/or projects.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the VP, Global Security.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Knowledge of commercial supply chains required.
- Knowledge of brand protection technologies preferred.
- Functional knowledge and experience in developing, implementing, maintaining, and managing security policies and procedures;
- Functional knowledge of physical security risk assessments of facilities including integration, distribution, 3PL and office locations.
- Requires substantial knowledge of necessary procedures to conduct corporate investigations.
- Project management related skills and the ability to prepare logical and complete detailed reports preferred.
- Strong oral and written communications skills and moderate computer skills, particularly with Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Work Experience Requirements:
- Experience with global customs security related programs is required.
- Demonstrated understanding of physical security strategies, policies, principles, procedures, and standards.
- Ability to think critically through the intricacies of complex situations, with a talent for persuasion and negotiation.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and experience in defining access control policies and governance, asset protection best practices and as well as in supply chain security, business continuity and disaster recovery planning.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting original investigations that involve complex circumstances and in a manner that is collaborative with other business teams. Specific experience in white collar crime, organized crime, and high-tech industry or product distribution environment is preferred.
- International supply chain security management experience required.
- Relevant experience in corporate fraud and internal audit required.
- Former law enforcement experience desirable.
- Ability to effectively interact with civilian law enforcement personnel and industry security professionals.
Preferred Education & Certification Requirements:
- This position requires travel both domestically and internationally, and with consideration to immediate business needs.
- Responsible for self-development and keeping up to date on current supply chain security research, trends and best practices.
- BA/BS in Security, Criminal Justice, or a field relevant to Corporate Security.
- Certified Protection Professional (CPP); Professional Certified Investigator (PSI); or Physical Security Professional (PSP).
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you need an electronic component, Avnet probably has it. The company is the world's top distributor of electronic components...