The work that led to our success in the global communications market taught us a lot about what it takes to keep getting better. One of the keys is giving people like you the technology and resources you need to transform ideas into reality. Which makes just about anything possible in Verizon's world.
The location for this position can either be Cary, North Carolina or Ashburn, Virginia. The SOC manager will lead the creation and operation of a dedicated SOC for one of our largest managed security customers. The manager will hire the staff and oversee the build-out of a new facility in Cary, North Carolina, with a disaster recovery facility in Richardson, Texas. Both of these sites will be constructed from existing office space and will be dedicated for the purpose of providing a 24 x 7 Security Operations Center for this customer only. The SOC Manager’s team will consist of 17 engineers and three duty managers. The timeline for operational ready status is first quarter 2014, with construction and hiring occurring throughout the year in 2013.
The architecture for this solution is well established and has been proven to be successful. The centerpiece to the solution is ArcSight and the Online Guardian operational policies and procedures. This solution will deliver top quality Managed Security Services such as security analytics, security incident management, and security device change management on thousands of monitored and managed devices.
Once the SOC is in an operational ready status, the SOC manager will be responsible for the performance of the service and will be accountable to the US regional manager and the customer. The SOC manager will ensure SLA adherence and that will meet or exceed customer expectations. The SOC manager will work with various service tower owners to ensure our processes and procedures are aligned.
The SOC manager will be responsible for staff development, balance of the shifts, and service reporting throughout the life of the deal. The SOC manager will perform ongoing governance of the managed security service which includes reporting, analysis, recommendations for improvements and follow-up. This manager must constantly review existing methods and approaches, addressing any communication or process gaps. The SOC manager will oversee training, client advocacy, transition to operations, change management and knowledge transfer.
Required Skills & Experience:
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Ten or more years in IT, Security and Networking
- Two or more years managing people in an IT or Managed Security Services environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security Management, Computer Science or similar discipline is preferred
- Excellent organizational and management skills
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and work under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer relationship management including escalation management
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Ability to drive process improvements and identify gaps
- Proactive in engaging with customers, client executives and other Verizon teams
We want you. Because you have talent and drive. Because you're resourceful and creative. Because you have ideas and enthusiasm. We want you because we believe in the power of one. And we've created a world where every individual understands how hard we work for them. What will your contribution be?
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- ITIL Practitioner certified
- CISSP or CISSM certified
Back to Search Results
Verizon - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and...