Posting Title Agronomy Location Manager
Working Title MGR LOCATION AGRONOMY - CO
Requisition Number 2051
Address1 1408 Grove Lane
Zip/Postal Code 59462
CHS / Central Montana Coop has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations division. We are looking for an Agronomy Location Manager to plan and direct the marketing of the location’s Agronomy products and services offered by the cooperative to area producers through a team effort.
- Manage a full service Agronomy operation with a 26,000 ton dry fertilizer hub plant, Chemical distribution warehouse, as well as custom application services and equipment involved.
- Oversee daily direction of location employees, drivers, applicators and equipment involved.
- Maintain and promote high level of professional and timely customer service.
- Establish strategic marketing plans to achieve company objectives for Agronomy products & services.
- Research, analyze, and monitor financial, technological, and demographic factors to capitalize on market opportunities and minimize effects of competitive activity.
- Develop and manage agronomy location operating budget.
- Work with Sales Manager, Agronomy Dept. Manager, and Hub Plant Supervisor to maximize efficiencies in product movement, delivery and the staffing involved.
- Achieve satisfactory profit/loss ratio & market share in relation to preset standards & industry & economic trends.
- Ensure effective control of marketing results, and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives fall within designated budgets.
- Ongoing communication with General Manager, Location Managers, and Sales Manager, and Agronomy Department Manager to monitor competitive products and marketing activities.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key industry and strategic community partners.
- Conduct marketing surveys on current & new product concepts; provide feedback for future product development.
- Guide preparation of marketing activity reports and present to senior management.
- Establish & maintain a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Work with sales manager and other key positions on programs, pricing and overall strategy for the Agronomy division.
4 year degree in Agronomy, Ag Econ, Ag Business, Ag Ed, Ag engineering, Soil or Weed Science. (6-10 years related job experience may substitute for education)
5 years industry experience.
Experience in Agronomy Operations and/or Agronomy Sales
Familiar with AGRIS accounting system
CHS offers a Competitive Salary. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS is a diversified Fortune 100 company providing essential grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers. CHS is a cooperative system owned by farmers, ranchers and their local cooperatives from the Great Lakes to the Pacific Northwest and from the Canadian border to Texas. CHS is an EEO employer.
CHS Inc. - 11 months ago
CHS Inc. is the nation’s leading cooperative, owned by farmers, ranchers and co-ops across the United States. A diversified global ene...