Benefits: 401(k) match, 4 weeks PTO, CareFirst BCBS Medical, Dental, Vision
Employment Type: Full Time
Division: Technical Services
Description: Bridges Consulting, Inc., located in the Maryland, Washington, DC and Virginia area is a benefits rich company, upholding the philosophy that our employees are the first priority; our culture is very warm and family-oriented. We are looking for an Linux system Administartor to join our team who fosters the same beliefs and is prepared to become a member of Team BRIDGES. At BRIDGES, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit, providing quality service to our clients and helping grow our company. This is reflected in our corporate values: Dedication to Customer Satisfaction, Total Respect for Others, Highest Standards of Integrity and Teamwork Dependent.
This position will be directly supporting the day-to-day engineering and administrative duties of the GHOSTMACHINE Team for the program. The individual selected will work directly with the customer in developing solutions for the GHOSTMACHINE software development platform.
1. Provide strong technical problem solving on issues raised by customers and troubleshoot network, server, and general systme issues as required.
2. Analyze problems and translate issues for resolution for the siteStore team.
3. Develop scripts (i.e.; Bash, Perl, Python) and interface capabilities to support the transition of new services into operations.
4. Assist and direct customer with the use of siteStore system capabilities.
5. Interface with developers to maintain awareness of system updates and issues.
6. Provide operational system metrics as required to proactively support siteStore system; provide projections for errors and performance; identify other system performance metrics that would add value for system and data flow managers.
7. Report the status of all LOE tasking to the government on a weekly basis, or when deviations from approved planning require approval.
8. Perform system analysis and system verification.
9 knowledge of Internet protocol, experience with troubleshooting network problems in configurations and software, and experience with distributed computing.
10. Optional but defining a highly valued candidate: Redhat Linux certification, familiarity with Ruby, Puppet, Hobbit, Hadoop, Zookeeper, Splunk.
Qualifications: Security Clearance Requirements: US Citizen; ACTIVE TS SCI w/ Polygraph (or within the last 24 months)
Do you wish you could work with a team that trusts you, that relies upon you for your insight, relishes your analytical depth and is blown away by your productivity and efficiency? How about working for a team that truly recognizes your hard work and commitment? What if every morning when you wake up you could not wait to get to work? What if the variety of work, the range of people, and the personal growth and learning was extraordinary? If this sounds like an unattainable dream job, it's NOT! A few of these star opportunities do occasionally become available to talented individuals - it's rare - but it happens.
EEO/AA Employer, Female, Minority, Vietnam-era Veteran and Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply.