Software Engineering Intern
Work as part of a small team to design and implement next-generation
interactive Internet experiences for Disney.com and other
Disney-operated websites. Leverage the power of the latest Internet
technology and the Disney brand to empower children worldwide with
enriching and aspirational activities. Have the opportunity to
contribute on the design and realization of the complete user
experience, as part of a small, fast-moving, and dynamic team of
engineers and artists. The successful candidate will be someone who
seeks to create inspired products and write great software,
collaborating with talented co-workers that share these goals.
- Creation of world-class production software, both in terms of quality and design
- Personal authorship of ground-breaking software
- Software re-factorizations for improved capabilities, extensibility and maintainability
- Rapid creation of software prototypes with opportunities for leadership of design
- Software optimization for code size, performance, memory footprint
Specific Skills Required
- Recent or in progress Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, or a related field (or equivalent professional experience)
- Experience in real world software development
- Ability and interest in rapidly adopting new software languages and technologies
- History of self-motivated s/w development, e.g., contributions to open source efforts, etc.
- Broad academic excellence
COMPANY OVERVIEW -- Disney Interactive Media Group (DIMG), the interactive entertainment affiliate of The Walt Disney Company, creates immersive, connected, interactive experiences across console, online, mobile and social network platforms to entertain and inform audiences around the globe. DIMG's mission is to deliver Disney content to fans, whenever and wherever they want it, through numerous interactive media platforms.
- Solid knowledge of one or more object oriented language and scripting or functional language
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a highly motivated and talented team
- Exceptional analytical skills and productivity in implementing software
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- A product-driven mindset, with a high attention to detail
- Knowledge of, and interest in, Internet technology trends
Disney Interactive Media Group operates five global product groups: Disney Interactive Studios produces console and handheld video games for the Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS, PlayStation®Portable, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment systems, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, and the personal computer; Disney Online produces Disney.com and a portfolio of leading lifestyle websites for families, including Family.com; Disney Online Studios develops online virtual worlds, providing connected game-play experiences for children around the globe; Disney Mobile brings the best of Disney content to the mobile web, smart phone applications, and mobile games; in addition, DIMG manages a Disney-branded mobile phone service in Japan in association with Softbank; and Playdom produces best-in-class content for the rapidly growing platform of casual games on emerging platforms and social networks such as Facebook and MySpace.
All five product groups work together to create a variety of connected, multi-platform entertainment experiences. As a Graphic Designer/Illustrator at Playdom you will be deeply involved in the game development process from start to finish and have a creative impact and voice in the design of our games. Graphic Designer/Illustrators work with the UI/UX Director, Art Director, Lead Artist, and the Product Manager to design and implement UI features that drive the visual identity of our games. Graphic Designer/Illustrators will also create in-game artwork and placeholder artwork as needed by developers and engineering. You may also work with business intelligence and marketing teams to create UI tests to support and refine our games.
Req ID# 42278br
iCIMS Social Distribution - 2 years ago