Sweeny House is seeking an Occupational Therapy Assistant to join our In-House Therapy Team!
109 N. McKinney
Sweeny, TX 77480
For more information regarding this position, please contact: LeeAnne Teague, Therapy Recruiter at 877.446.9046 ot at LATeague@SavaSC.com
- In-House Rehab Team
- ROX / Rehab Optima GiftRAP Software
- ACP Modality Equipment
- Vital Stim Equipment
SavaSeniorCare affiliated facilities' goal is to offer residents and staff a close-knit, family environment coupled with the resources you'd expect from an industry leader. As we continue to build the clinical expertise of our in-house rehab teams, we invite you to consider joining us. The SavaSeniorCare 183 affiliated facilities in 19 states strive to provide compassionate short- and long-term care. It's our business-the only thing we do.
We offer a wealth of resources to support our rehab teams including generous, flexible benefits packages, CEUs and continuing education tuition reimbursement. Consider all we have to offer: in-house rehab teams with clinical support, flexible schedules, modality programs, and mentorship.
An occupational therapist assistant (OTA) works under the supervision of a licensed occupational therapist to assist with a patient's treatment program in accordance with federal guidelines and state practice acts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducts resident screens (without interpretation) as allowed by state practice act.
- Helps residents with rehabilitative activities and exercises outlined in a treatment plan developed in collaboration with an occupational therapist.
- Monitors an individual's activities to make sure they are performed correctly and to provide encouragement.
- Records resident's progress for use by the occupational therapist.
- May assist in scheduling appointments, answering the telephone, restocking or ordering depleted supplies, and filling out insurance forms or other paperwork.
- Provides training to residents, caregivers and families according to the resident's care plan.
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands & Environment:
- Associates Degree from a AOTA accredited program.
- Licensed COTA if required by state law.
Shift work may be required. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, see, talk and hear. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. SavaSeniorCare affiliated entities are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Sava Senior Care - 22 months ago
SavaSeniorCare has a flair for elder care. The privately held company operates about 190 skilled nursing and assisted living facilities...