The STTD Test Development Engineering organization provides a variety of component, boards and systems test technology solutions for business units throughout Intel. The candidate will be a member of the Hardware Design Engineering team responsible for the design, development and deployment of board and system based products.
- Design printed circuit boards, including schematic generation, board layout, and fabrication/assembly documentation using PCB CAD tools.
- Develop and apply PCB Design methods, theories and research techniques in the analysis, investigation and solution of problems.
- Inform development of the design through placement and routing studies, evaluating mechanical requirements against electrical requirements, and bringing PCB technology options into problem solving discussions.
- Streamline work processes by scripting.
- Generation of complete board fabrication and assembly documentation packages, including assembly, drill, silk screen, solder mask and solder paste drawings, layer drawings, Gerber files, and Bills of Material.
- Ensure designs follow constraints, EMI/RFI control, FCC, UL, and other applicable regulations .
Education: AS EET or equivalent preferred, but not required.
Experience: At least 15 years of experience required.
Skills and Knowledge:
Proficiency in Cadence 16.5 library and layout packages required.
Abililty to create Cadence scripts required.
Ability to create other kinds of scripts preferred.
Knowledge in High Density interconnects (Blind-/ Buried Via) required.
Knowledge in High Speed serial circuit design and layout requirements (PCIe, USB, etc.) required.
Knowledge in low noise part placement and routing techniques required.
Expertise in layout (part placement) floor planning architectures, and layout, part placement, and routing studies required.
Detailed knowledge of circuit design and consideration for layout, routing and timing, DFM, DFA, DFT constraints required.
Understanding of component placement sensitivities and Design For Manufacturing & Assembly required.
Candidate must have a demonstrated high tolerance for ambiguity.
Candidate must be able to quickly define PCB design strategy and plans.
Candidate must have a track record of proactive communication and action to close gaps.
Candidate must have a track record of setting and maintaining aggressive schedules.
Candidate must be a highly motivated individual with a 'can-do' attitude and willingness to take informed risks in order to achieve desired team goals
Feb 15, 2013
Apr 17, 2013
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to final test and optimization, and lastly packaging. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing group are part of a worldwide network of manufacturing and assembly/test facilities.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 17 months ago
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun...