Member of the Clinical Care Team to triage patients and provide direct patient care. Provides patient education.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Triages patients
• Gives nurse advice
• Provides in-room patient education
• Offers educational support to patients and families assigned to Clinical Care Team
• Coordinates with the Public Health Nurse and Medical Social Worker to provide educational support to patients and families
• Supports planning and implementing health promotion and education activities for CHCN Center patients
• Administers medication including injections
• Manages medication refill requests
• Coordinates care for emergencies
• Participates in Member QA committee, all Quality Assurance and Utilization Management processes as required.
• Coordinates Coumadin clinic
• Supervises medical assistants
• Mentors and teaches medical assistants
• Conducts infection control activities
• Reviews outgoing consults for clarity and completeness
• Oversees referral tracking
• Coordinates support for visiting providers
• Responsible for immunization program and protocols
State Plan/Department Specific Duties and Responsibilities
• Must be able to work in a busy clinical setting with a multi-lingual/cultural and multi-age patient and staff population.
• Must be able to assess and respond to urgent issues in a competent manger.
• Must maintain effective relationships and communication with the County and CHCN staff at all levels of the organization.
• Good organizational skills are required.
• Professional attitude and adherence to office policies and procedures is required.
• Work at other sites to accommodate patient load.
• Must maintain patient confidentiality.
• Serves as good ambassador for Molina when working with non-Molina staff County staff, volunteers, visiting consultants, residents and other health professions trainees.
• Actively integrates County deployed staff into the team concept
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to abide by Molina’s policies
• Maintain regular attendance based on agreed-upon schedule
• Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
• Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective work relationships with coworkers, clients, members, providers and customers
• Graduation from an accredited nursing program
• Master’s Degree
• 3-5 years of supervisory experience AND
• 2-3 years of health education experience
• Experience working in a primary care setting
• Bilingual and bicultural (proficiency in Spanish is highly desirable)
• Virginia state license as a Registered Nurse; CPR Certification
To all current Molina employees if you are interested in applying for this position please fill out an Employee Transfer Request Form (ETR) and attach it to your profile when applying online. Be sure to let us know you are a current employee by selecting “Molina Employee (current) in the source section of the online application.
Molina Healthcare offers competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Molina Healthcare - 2 years ago
Navigating the murky waters of federal health care plans is no easy feat, but Molina Healthcare's mission is to help Medicaid and...