Requires an Associate’s degree in computer science, information systems, or a closely related field, and two years of work experience monitoring multiple computing platforms including mid-range, mainframe, and/or servers. Additional work experience as described may substitute for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
If no qualified applicants are found at this level, the Department may underfill the position with a Computer Operator I (0114) with a salary of $15 to $18 per hour . Computer Operator I requires graduation from high school or GED and one year of experience involving the operation of information processing equipment. College course work in an information technology-related field may substitute for the work experience requirement on a year-for-year basis. Software/Network Certification will also be considered in lieu of work experience. Successful applicants will be able to communicate both verbally and in writing; and will possess the aptitude to troubleshoot and repair computer equipment.
Preference will be given to applicants who have computer hardware and software support experience; and who have Knowledge and experience in Windows XP and/or Windows 7.
For More Information, Assistance or Accommodation Contact: Casey Goodhouse, HR Manager
- Complete a State of ND Application for Employment (SFN 10950) . Access application form at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html or hard copy from any ND Job Service Office.
- Please include the position # and requisition # on your application. Also, provide details in the employment history sections of the application form on how your education, experience and skills will qualify you for this position. Supplemental information such as a cover letter and resume may be included, but the initial review and score will be based on the information provided on SFN 10950 .
- Please fill in all information requested on the application form, such as dates of employment, hours worked per week, credits earned, etc. INCOMPLETE SECTIONS WILL NOT BE GIVEN CREDIT.
- The Department’s Human Resource Division staff will score applications against the minimum qualifications and preferences listed on the job announcement and qualifying military service. After the scoring is completed, a certified list of eligible candidates and the applications will be forwarded to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview, based on the final scores.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- All application material must be received on the closing date by 5:00 pm or before the closing date at the following address:
Human Resource Division
Department of Human Services
600 East Boulevard Avenue Dept 325
Bismarck ND 58505-0250
Fax: 701-328-1927; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employing Unit: Information Technology Services
Telephone Number: 701-328-4042
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
Assist in the overall support of PC hardware and software for the Department including: configure and install any new desktops, laptops, printers, monitors, etc. for users; Install and setup standardized software on users' PCs; troubleshoot any hardware or software related problems that occur within the Department; and provide technical support to end users.
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
North Dakota State Government - 18 months ago