Specialty Coffee Assistant Manager - Aventura
Nordstrom is a fashion specialty retailer that also operates competitively excellent restaurants and specialty coffee bars in our stores. Our business is founded on a simple idea: offer each customer the best possible service, quality, value and selection. We are looking for talented specialty coffee managers to contribute top tier performances in the food and beverage arena. Our operations are fast paced, high quality and customer service focused.
We are dedicated to hiring outstanding individuals who share our passion for serving customers and preparing quality food and beverages. Our people and their commitment to customer service are what set us apart. We believe in empowering you to make great decisions and to take care of your customers and career. The opportunities are endless.
Each assistant specialty coffee bar manager will complete an extensive Manager in Training program which includes front of the house training, financial systems, invoice processing, scheduling, budgets, costs control, expense reports, vendor relationships, recruitment and hiring training. The ideal specialty coffee assistant manager is motivated, results oriented and committed to providing outstanding customer service every day. They will assist the manager of the specialty coffee bar to support excellence in service and product.
- Assist the manager in maintaining and managing the specialty coffee bar environment by monitoring store presentation, supporting product consistency and implementing the store strategy and action plan
- Motivate team to ensure excellent customer service and compliance with Company procedures and to maximize productivity and profitability
- Assist the manager in hiring, training and coaching a team of employees
- Support brand consistency by leading your team in delivering exceptional customer service and being enthusiastic about specialty coffee
- Be knowledgeable about coffee, tea, and drink preparation and products
- Hold team accountable to prepare and serve beverage and food items consistently by adhering to all recipe standards
- Lead by example in the areas of customer service and enthusiasm for coffee
- Support cost control measures
- Complete training program to learn functions of the business such as financial systems, scheduling, ordering, maintaining a budget, maintaining vendor relationships and hiring
Since 1901, Nordstrom has offered a wide variety of quality apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children at our stores across the country. We're proud to be named to
magazine's list of '100 Best Companies to Work For.' We believe this recognition comes from our desire to empower our employees to set their sights high and deliver exceptional service to customers.
- 1-2 years experience in specialty coffee service
- Customer service focused and solution oriented
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be a motivated leader
- Aspire to learn and advance your career to manager and beyond
- Strong math, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in basic computer skills and accounting
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store needs
- Food handler's card may be required according to local and or state regulations.
A California Food Handler Card is required for all foodservice employees who prepare, store or serve food at restaurants/coffee bars in California.
As a Nordstrom employee, you can feel confident that your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical/vision and dental coverage, a generous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(K) savings and profit sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Nordstrom - 14 months ago
Nordstrom, Inc.is a fashion specialty retailer that offers a selection of apparel, shoes, cosmetics and accessories for women, men and...