We're looking for a reporter to cover the vibrant food scene in southern New Hampshire. This beat has it all — competitive breaking news and a chance to be viewed as "the” source for the latest on the food scene as well as the opportunity to write people profiles, trend pieces and longer magazine-style articles. This is a full-time position and pays $29,016 annually.
The Hippo is New Hampshire’s largest weekly with more than 200,000 readers and is headquartered in Manchester, the state's largest city. Hippo covers southern New Hampshire's arts, food, music and events, answering the vexing question of where to go and what to do. Over the years Hippo has won many awards and believes strongly in its editorial mission, including a hard wall between editorial and advertising. Southern New Hampshire is less than an hour north of Boston and is home to a vibrant farm-to-table movement with numerous farmers markets, ethnic restaurants, craft brewers, wineries and more.
Key Position Information
- $29,016 annual pay ($558 per week)
- Benefits include health, dental, vision and vacation
- Full time
- Food and features reporting
- 6 to 8 food-related articles per week as well as work on longer feature stories and special projects
- Responsible for reporting and writing various stories, including longer-form cover stories on a rotating basis
Applicants should have two or more years of post-college reporting experience in features reporting and writing. The right candidate for this position will be a good writer, organized and experienced in handling multiple stories while working on longer-term projects.
- Two or more years features reporting experience at a magazine or weekly or daily newspaper
- Background in feature reporting
- Ability to work a non-traditional beat
- Firm grasp of AP style, grammar
- Reliable automobile
Send a cover letter, resume and three best clips to managing editor Meghan Siegler at email@example.com (put “food/features reporter” in the subject line).
JournalismJobs.com - 14 months ago