Lead the design and development of new refrigeration products. This involves working with design, test labs, marketing, industrial design, and sales towards the successful launch of new consumer products. This position has responsibility over the design, quality, investment, and cost of the new product. Although it has no direct reports, it provides direction to many areas of the organization.
Key operational responsibilities
• Manage technical design aspects of a project from inception through production launch
• Product design responsibility of door and cabinet components and assemblies to include concept development, design validation, print release, tooling review, manufacturing evaluation and product launch within the specified project timeline
• Apply best design practices to ensure successful product introduction and product life cycle adhering to compliance and company standards, engineering and product line specifications, and obsession for exceeding the customer and consumer’s expectations.
• Proficiency in specifying materials for design optimization. Strong understanding of manufacturing processes and capabilities.
• Accountability in leading root cause analysis and resolution to design and process related issues.
• Effective leadership and communication methods—written, verbal, leading cross function meetings and associated activities
• Effective multi-tasking management with proper follow-up during resource imbalances
The above accountabilities are the major skill sets needed in this new product development position to effectively design, execute and implement a project from inception through commercialized launch.
Engineering Manager—Cabinet & Door Technical Domain
Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Mechanical Engineering or related technical BS degree with a minimum of 3 years related engineering and/or project management experience for Product Development Engineer position is required. Technical experience could be considered in place of a BS degree. Working knowledge of mechanical structure design, manufacturing processes and quality system tools.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Proficient with tools associated with new project development activities; design concept generation and decision making, design reviews, prototype building and evaluation, DFMEA, design of experiments, tolerance analysis, process capability, design verification, milestone schedule management, and line trial activities.
• Strong understanding of engineering principles, developing mechanical models, and interpreting test data, to create, design, develop and implement new designs for cold products group.
• Applied knowledge of design for manufacturing assembly (DFMA) principals to facilitate design integration into the manufacturing process, and the ability to specify and develop new processes as needed.
• Highly motivated individual that has a strong drive for results; communicates effectively both in written and verbal communication formats, holds people accountable for goal attainment and coordinates all actions and design details to deliver on team and project commitments.
• Innovative spirit with willingness to go beyond industry standard to scope and develop game-changing designs and processes that result in positive brand image.
• Ability to understand the refrigeration business objectives and when they apply, ensure those objectives are delivered through technical design and implementation of new product development efforts.
• Creative, personally committed, resourceful problem solver capable of leading new product development efforts from inception through project implementation
• Experience with computer applications: MS Office applications and Lotus Notes: CATIA v.5 preferred
• Development of refrigeration systems, consumer goods, and/or in appliance industry a plus.
• Experience with polyurethane foam assemblies, design for Noise, Vibration, and Harshness (NVH), and large scale plastic injection and thermoform molding highly desired
Electrolux Home Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Electrolux - 22 months ago