Requisition ID: 60778
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Internal Candidate Under Consideration: No
- Relocation Authorized: None
- Organization: OG&C
- Project No.: 25566
- Location: Houston, TX
- Grade: 27
1. Plans, develops, coordinates and reviews design work within a medium-size discipline work group on projects of medium size or assignments in support of global business unit.
2. Coordinates and interfaces as directed with the day-to-day technical work of discipline engineers, scientists, specialists, designers and drafters.
3. Communicates complex technical issues and recommends solutions to upper management.
4. Facilitates technical discussions with third parties (client, suppliers, and regulators).
5. Prepares or oversees the preparation of discipline estimates and work plan in accordance with project scope, schedule and budget, and manages implementation and performance accordingly.
6. Develops Engineering Department Procedures (EDPs), Bechtel design guides, appropriate Bechtel Standard Computer Applications (BSAPs) and administrative practices.
7. Coordinates with client representatives as delegated to obtain approval on phases of work.
8. Reviews and approves key engineering drawings and calculations and bid summaries.
9. Coordinates assigned design work with other project groups.
10. Mentors designers and drafters by providing appropriate on-the-job training for their professional development.
11. Promotes the creation of a work environment, supported by leadership, which fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
Require 10 years recent PDS
Knowledge of systems, equipment, applications of design methods, materials, and computers for preparation of analyses and development of project design deliverables within the discipline.
Knowledge and understanding of technical and cost issues related to selection of design features within the discipline.
Good working knowledge of application of 2-D and 3-D CAD tools in development of conceptual designs and production design deliverables of some complexity.
Knowledge of engineering work planning and control methods.
Knowledge of precedents in the discipline and of principles and practices of related disciplines.
Knowledge of related construction practices and the economics involved.
Broad knowledge of industry/regulatory codes and standards, and design and/or layout criteria pertinent to the particular discipline.
Good knowledge of Engineering Department Procedures (EDPs), Bechtel design guides, appropriate Bechtel Standard Computer Applications (BSAPs) and administrative practices.
The above is normally acquired through:
Broad progressive work experience in design or other relevant types of engineering such as systems startup, field engineering or plant operation in large industrial plants, utilities, process plants, or engineering/ construction firms
- A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, from an accredited college or university, OR
- A professional license in an appropriate engineering or scientific discipline, from a recognized licensing board, OR
- Specialized courses in relevant general design or an appropriate engineering discipline, AND
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).
Bechtel - 22 months ago
Bechtel (www.bechtel.com) is a global engineering, construction and project management company with more than a century of experience on...