The Senior Brand Manager of Innovation is responsible for shaping and driving the future Innovation pipeline for our On the Go Nutrition and Energizing Beverages category. This is a critical role to drive our aggressive three year Innovation growth objectives and to fulfill our strategic plan commitments as a top priority for the Campbell Soup Company. The position is charged with working closely with a cross functional team comprised of CCID, Packaging, Product Development and CCBI to identify areas of exploration, rapidly prototype and validate ideas that will result in solutions or new product opportunities. This is an exciting role that will synthesize category data and consumer research into fresh meaningful insights that lead to business building ideas. These insights will be merged with product and packaging technologies to deliver viable platforms for development. Leadership strengths must include inspiring trust and driving organizational alignment with cross functional resources and management. The senior brand manager is expected to demonstrate strategic creative thinking, be able to thrive in the ambiguity of innovation while inspiring teams to with an overall optimistic and "can do" attitude.
Build a pipeline of fresh business building ideas that drive growth for our Nutrition on the Go and Energizing Beverages business. This includes product and packaging in current and future contiguous categories resulting in a multi-year pipeline for growth. Provide thought leadership to inspire greatness, divergent thinking, and ongoing inspiration for business building ideas. Continually enhance the Innovation process by which Campbells identifies consumer insights, develops new products, activates and connects with consumers to win both in the marketplace and the workplace.
The Senior Brand Manager of Innovation will need to drive "strategic creativity" to generate fresh exciting concept ideas. This will be accomplished by sharp strategic thinking, a curious interest in evolving consumer needs, and an ability to "connect the dots" form multiple sources of consumer research and trends.
- The ideas must be built upon a foundation of product and packaging commercialization viability and deliver strong financial performance. This requires strong business model savvy, a general management aptitude, and strong partnerships with cross functional resources to deliver results.
- Courageous leadership and decision making will be required to validate ideas resulting in a robust pipeline for growth.
- Strong leadership skills will be required to create direction and inspire greatness with cross functional teams. A "can do" attitude with a strong drive for results will be necessary to overcome obstacles and motivate the team through project ebbs and flows.
Minimum Education Required MBA
Years of Relevant Experience 7-10 years marketing experience (5+ years CPG)
Knowledge, skilla and abilities required
- Preferably food experience
- Strategic thinking ability and creative talent to generate breakthrough ideas
- Strong analytic capability and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills highly collaborative with ability to build solid working partnerships across functional groups
- Tenacity and the ability to "swim against the tide" at times to explore and/or accomplish an unproven product end result
Occasional travel for consumer research, sales meetings and marketplace explores.
CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
Campbell Valuing People, People Valuing Campbell
Campbell Soup Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Campbell Soup Company - 30+ days ago
Soup boils down to M'm! M'm! Money! at the world's #1 soup maker Campbell Soup. The company's most popular selections am...