Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
Amazon has developed a number of innovative and fast-growing digital and mobile businesses including Amazon Kindle, Amazon MP3 and Cloud Player, Amazon Instant Video, Amazon Mobile shopping, and the Amazon Appstore for Android.
Want to work in one of the fastest growing and most innovative businesses at Amazon? Interested in working in a high impact role? Come and join our Digital team and help define the course of a revolutionary reading device. Our digital products wirelessly downloads books, magazines, newspapers, and personal documents to a crisp, high-resolution electronic ink display that looks and reads like real paper.
The Digital team at Amazon is looking for an innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed Marketing Director for our International business. This new position will help define and lead new digital initiatives for Amazon’s #1 bestselling product of all time. The position is based in Amazon’s International headquarters.
This is a rare opportunity for a talented marketing professional to lead the charge for a leading and revolutionary consumer electronics product. Your focus will be to create and analyze in-country marketing strategies, media strategy & proper channel mix, to drive demand and build brand. You will be responsible for managing media agencies and other partners in order to achieve marketing goals. You will work closely with global and local marketing teams, participate in creative development efforts, establish and implement mass media best practices, create rigorous analytical processes, and produce cost-effective advertising. The successful candidate will draw upon your finely tuned project management experience to ensure we’re on air, on time and on budget. You will also ideate, propose, and execute successful cost efficient experiential and presence marketing and innovative projects that drive buzz and word of mouth.
As an International Marketing Director, you will lead and drive marketing strategies, requiring you to:
- Understand the business strategy to identify marketing principles
- Work with senior management and agencies to produce impactful and cost-effective marketing campaign strategies
- Define country specific marketing strategies & approaches
- Determine most effective marketing mix
- Influence and drive other teams as necessary to drive demand and build brand
- Manage budgets and timelines
- Monitor and analyze key marketing metrics (CPP, CPM, etc.), quality, and campaign performance
- Interface with Amazon commercial teams to evaluate incremental or cooperative marketing opportunities
- Act as the primary contact for Amazon’s media agencies
- Interface directly with networks, affiliates and others to develop new marketing strategies and advertising programs
- Demonstrate relevant professional experience in marketing strategy, management, advertising, media planning, media buying, and/or advertising production management
- Show in-depth understanding of marketing principles
- Exhibit solid industry knowledge and contacts
- 10+ years of relevant marketing team management experience with a major brand and/or marketing agency, consumer marketing, marketing communications and/or digital/high-technology consumer companies/products
- A bachelor's degree is required; an M.B.A. is preferred
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Japanese consumer trends
- Fluency in English. Fluency in BAChinese
- Strong knowledge of media research, trafficking, tracking and reporting processes, techniques and technologies
- Experience leading the creative and media planning/buying process
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and excel in a lean work environment
- Self-motivated and comfortable working independently with minimal supervision
- Strong track record of consumer marketing success in International Markets
Amazon.com - 19 months ago
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...