Provides extraordinary care to patients and customers through friendly, caring, courteous, and professional service. A customer service oriented Eligibility Counselor is responsible for evaluating patient needs and informing the patient of financial options for facility billing through all appropriate federal, state, or local programs. A thorough Eligibility Counselor accurately identifies potential charity patients while also working with individuals to ensure financial reimbursement by confirming that financial liabilities and arrangements have been made prior to or during the procedure.
An Eligibility Counselor acts as a resource and financial coordinator for patients and their families, the care providers, third party payers, billing coordinators, and reimbursement staff.
Entry Rate: $14.00
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Department: McKay-Dee Eligibility
Shift Details: The shifts for this position will be on Tues-Saturday 8am – 4:30pm and Tues- Saturday 9:30 – 6pm
- Experience in basic word processing and spreadsheets
- Four or more years customer service experience
- Experience working effectively in time sensitive situations, coordinating multiple responsibilities effectively, and making prompt, responsible decisions
- Knowledge of Medical terminology and Medical Billing
- Previous experience working in a Patient Account setting
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Admitting, billing, collection and /or insurance verification experience
- Experience working with hospital staff including Social Workers, Medicaid Outreach staff, Registrars, and Emergency/Outpatient staff
After applying, please check your email often. Some positions require assessment testing and notification will be sent to you through email. Once the email notification is sent, you will have 24 hours to complete the assessment. If the assessment is not completed within the allotted time frame, your application may not be considered further.
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...