The Billing Coordinator is responsible for the VCPI client billing process, client profitability analysis and collection support for the company. This position must be able to work independently, and with the VCPI Accounting and Account Management departments.
No direct reports.
1. Create external client invoices, using various data import files & miscellaneous billing reports. Send monthly invoices directly to clients ( 40%).
2. Monitor day-to-day cash management activities and perform “in-house” collection efforts on all assigned accounts in accordance with corporate collection policies. Perform research for client information requests to resolve any billing questions. Issue credit memos when necessary ( 20%).
3. Create client aging reports, account reconciliations & journal entries for the accounting month-end close ( 10%).
4. Collect critical data from the account management team in a professional manner, in an effort to properly bill our clients ( 10%).
5. Update and maintain the internal billing system for all client data ( addresses, bill rates, projects, etc.) ( 10%).
6. Review client profitability & related costs to discover potential billing issues or opportunities ( 10%).
Other duties as assigned or as necessity dictates.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; Accounting degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum two years experience with billing & collections or related accounting field. Prior experience in the technology field preferred.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Keen attention to detail. Experience with Great Plains software desired. Proficiency with word processing and spreadsheets ( Word/Excel) a must. Accurate project task estimating. Excellent problem solving and cognitive reasoning skills. Demonstrated business acumen across functional areas. Demonstrated client service acumen and communication skills. Analytical independent problem-solver with a can-do attitude. The ability to manage multiple tasks and adhere to deadlines is required.
Extendicare - 11 months ago