Under the direction of the Merchandising Director, the Merchandise Manager is responsible for managing the assigned product groups on a daily basis to ensure each item performs according to the financial goals set by senior management. Works closely with Logistics, Marketing, Planogramming, and other support groups on a regular basis to optimize the sales initiative for the assigned product and further enhance customer satisfaction.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage assigned product groups according to the financial goals and objectives set by senior management
- Monitor each product group on a regular basis to ensure sales opportunities are maximized as directed by the Merchandising Director/MVP
- Identify and drive new opportunities to improve product performance for each category
- Prepare financial analysis of each product group and understand the impact of the results
- Report to the Merchandising Director and MVP the state of the category as directed utilizing financial analysis and any necessary documentation
- Conduct Product Line Reviews as directed by the Merchandising Director
- Review industry research to remain current on market trends
- Negotiate with vendors as needed to secure the best opportunity for Lowe’s
- Ensure that all vendor and product documentation is complete and on file with required departments within the company
- Consistently understand the product offering of all competitors in the market and the potential impact to Lowe’s
- Decision maker and point of contact if Merchandising Director is unavailable
- Regularly visit Lowe’s stores and those of the competitors to better understand the needs of the product categories
- Complete 2 weekday Lowe’s store visits per quarter (8 days per year), and 1 three-day market visit per year as required by the Lowe’s travel policy
- Participate in the planning of product placement within the stores as defined by Store Planning
- Maintain a working knowledge of any new or updated policies, procedures and/or standard practices pertaining to Merchandising
- Effectively communicate any merchandising information to support teams outside merchandising
- Provide guidance and support to all team members that support the product category
- Maintain a professional and productive relationship with supporting vendors to ensure all product opportunities are identified and responded to effectively
- Maintain a professional and productive relationship with all supporting Lowe’s team members to ensure product requirement are managed effectively
- Research the market place for new and innovative product ideas
- Effectively communicate with Lowe’s store employees to ensure the needs of the customers are met
- Ensure merchandising team members adhere to the standards set forth in the Lowe’s Co. Statement of Business Ethics.
- Ensure that vendors and suppliers understand the requirement to comply with all applicable laws and regulations in the conduct of their business with Lowe's Companies, Inc.
- 4 year degree or equivalent work experience
- 6 - 8 years experience in one or more of the following areas: purchasing, buying, merchandising, brand management or related field
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Superior analytical skills, particularly in the area of financial and strategic analysis
- Ability to interface effectively with management at all levels of the organization
- Excellent time management/organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple task simultaneously
List the education, certification, work experience and skills that you would prefer the individual in the position possessed.
- 3 - 4 years experience in retail product merchandising
- Knowledge of Lowe’s Merchandising systems
- High degree of familiarity with the retail industry as a whole – preferably in the Home Improvement sector
No longer a low-profile company, Lowe's Companies has evolved from a regional hardware store operator into a nationwide chain of home...