CENTERS, established in August 1998, is the first company in the United States organized solely for the purpose of providing management services for university recreation, fitness, and wellness facilities. Our management team has more than 100 years of professional experience in planning and implementing recreation facilities and programs, with a focus on market responsiveness, mission sensitivity, cost effectiveness, and a commitment to excellence on behalf of our clients.
The Marketing and Technology Graduate Supervisor assists the Marketing and Technology Coordinator in development of marketing ideas, managing infomration, stocking and promoting the Proshop, and the generation and pursuit of sales leads.
- Collect market data and report findings
- Assist in developing and implementation of marketing plans
- Staff tables at campus orientations and events
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate a team of students to attend marketing events
- Search out and attend Cleveland area events
- Develop and maintain sponsorship marketing material
- Contact new companies about sponsorship opportunities
- Maintain proper communication with existing accounts
- Research, purchase, inventory, market, and sale Proshop merchandise
- Responsible for the operating, preparation, forecasting and monitoring of income and expense budget as it relates to the Proshop
- Collect program content from department professionals, edit content and distribute to the appropriate marketing channels
- Produce print and digital marketing materials
- Maintain internal department bulletin boards and display cases
- Maintain social networking accounts
- Assist in maintaining website and social media outlets
- Developing and editing copy for publications
- Sit on and assist with the Special Events Committee
- Collaborate with other campus departments to develop special events
- Assist in marketing presentations
- Assist in facility and office management
- Attend office, staff and department meetings as scheduled
- Evening/Weekend work responsibility as needed
[ The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum education and/or hands-on experience necessary to perform each essential responsibility.]
- Pursuing a Master’s degree in a related field
- Experience in marketing, advertising, design, event planning, or other related experience.
- CPR/AED and First Aid certifications.
- Ability to use or, learn to use, various computer software programs.
- Ability to work as part of, and lead a team that collaborates effectively with colleagues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of standard practices and demonstrated experiences in Campus Recreation.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and enthusiasm; strong communication and presentation skills.
- Analytics skills to identify problems, assess alternatives, and render consistent, logical decisions.
- Ability to thrive in an environment that values high expectations, accountability, and balanced life choices.
[ The competencies listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential function.]
- Some knowledge of HR theories and best practices in recruitment and staff development.
- Basic accounting knowledge; capability of understanding budgets.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Web design or development experience.
- Proficiency with Adobe design software (Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver).
- Photography and/or Videography shooting and editing experience.
Creativity, adaptability, analytical & critical thinking, initiative & motivation, planning & project management, decision making & judgment, business acumen, customer service, teamwork, diversity awareness, interpersonal relationships, communication, integrity, leadership, long-term focus, organizational learning & change management.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Office environment/fitness center environment
- Moderate to loud noise
- Occasional evening or weekend work
- Standing or walking for at least 50% of the work day
- Occasional bending, stooping
- Hearing and talking
Centers - 20 months ago