Overview Genie Industries, is a $2 billion (revenue) division of Terex Corporation, a Fortune 500 company and the 3rd largest heavy construction equipment manufacturer. Genie Industries is a leading manufacturer of lifting equipment. Our innovative designs and reliable products have made Genie a world leader in the production of material lifts, portable aerial work platforms, scissor lifts, and self-propelled telescopic and articulated booms. Genie, is based in the suburbs of Seattle, WA, has approximately 4500 team members spread throughout the globe, though Redmond, WA is the primary location, with 3000+ team members spread across the corporate campus. Responsibilities Responsible for providing welding engineering support to Operations Team at Building 7. Candidate will be responsible for supporting startup operations of new product lines and providing daily engineering support for existing products. This position will play a critical role in defining and implementing weld cell layout and weld processes for new and current products. Candidate will also be expected to assist other plant-wide projects that require engineering support. Qualifications 4 year Engineering Degree (Welding or Welding Technology is strongly preferred)
• 0-5 years experience in a manufacturing environment
• Project Management
• Technical expertise to perform root cause analysis
• Ability to teach, develop, document, update, and improve work processes
• Develop and evaluate Engineering Change Request (ECR)/Engineering Change Notice (ECN)/Special Manufacturing Instruction (SMI) proposals/processes for production, including design improvements, and prototyping.
• Ability to evaluate, develop, and implement improvements quickly.
• Ability to develop and interpret engineering drawings, schematics and weld callouts.
• Understanding of how to utilize precision measurements.
• Flexibility to work overtime, different shifts, and travel, on short notice as necessary.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects at one time.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to teach welding skills for GMAW.
• Ability to work independently, competently, and within a team.
• Ability to develop Procedure Qualification Records (PQR's) and Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS').
• Strong welding skills (GMAW)
• Familiarity with computers, including MS Word, Excel, AutoCAD, Solidworks, and E-mail.
• Understanding of Toyota Production System/Lean Manufacturing concepts and goals.
• Familiarity with destructive and non-destructive testing.
Terex is a "T-Rex" when it comes to making a variety of cranes, aerial platforms, and construction and materials processing...