Currently Recruiting for: NARM-Mechanic/Welder Field Maintenance
Safely perform maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair in an efficient manner all equipment required for mining and plant operations. Includes welding task as required and other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Must work safely and promote the safe behavior in others
- Four (4) years heavy equipment maintenance experience or completion of a two (2) year associate degree in diesel or welding technology plus one (1) year experience
- Able to operate oxygen/acetylene cutting torch and perform arc welding with low hydrogen electrodes. Pass 3/8” weld test-overhead-vertical-flat
- Able to perform maintenance repairs, troubleshooting and lube servicing on large mining equipment such as Ingersoll drills, Cat 3400 and 3500 series engines and Cummins K series engines, or other diesel hydraulic equipment.
- Able to operate a steam cleaner or hot water pressure washer
- Must be able to change belts (fan, alternator, power steering) and adjust belt tension on mining equipment to include trucks, dozers, scrapers, and blades
- Able to adjust tracks on drills or Cat crawler tractors
- Able to change oil, air and fuel filters on mining equipment
- Able to remove and replace batteries
- Must be able to read and interpret maintenance manuals and parts books
- Must be able to read and use low voltage (24V) electrical, air and hydraulic schematics in performing repairs on mining equipment
- Able to rebuild air valves and perform adjustment on air system governors
- Able to remove and replace the following types of components: radiators, Hydraulic pumps
- and valves, water pumps, air valves, turbo charger and after cooler
- Able to remove, rebuild and install hydraulic cylinders on mining equipment such drills, scapers, backhoe, haul truck, etc.
- Able to work rotating shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime as required
- Other duties as assigned by the company
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
Note: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reach, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls with hands and arms, legs and feet
- Stand, walk; sit; climb; balance; stoop; kneel; crouch, crawl, and climb ladders/steps
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds for a minimal distance
- Talk to, communicate with and hear others
- See (vision abilities include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus)
- Ability to maintain mental focus and concentration
- Perform all duties day and night, on all surfaces and in all weather conditions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works:
Note: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- In outside weather conditions
- Near moving mechanical parts
- May be exposed to dusty, wet and/or humid conditions and vibration
- Occasionally works at heights and may be occasionally exposed to fumes, airborne particles or caustic chemicals, and risks of electrical shock
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
HOW TO APPLY
Interested individuals are required to apply online at
to be considered for a specific opening.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer.
- The company may require a pre-employment examination by competent professionals to evaluate a persons ability to perform the essential functions.
- Candidates for employment are subject to the company’s Drug and Alcohol Testing Program, including pre-employment, for cause, post accident and random testing.
- Peabody Energy actively promotes a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
- Peabody only accepts resumes for positions posted on the Peabody Career Info site.
- Peabody is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition, it is Peabody's policy not to discriminate in hiring practices on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status or sexual orientation.
Peabody Energy - 14 months ago
In a time in which people still get most of their power from coal-fired plants, Peabody Energy is king. The world's largest...