At NetApp, we bring together the world's most creative and dedicated talent to help our customers affordably store, manage, protect, and retain one of their most precious assets—data. Our culture of integrity, collaboration, and innovation attracts and retains the industry's best people and has earned us many industry awards, including the #1 spot on FORTUNE's 2009 list of "100 Best Companies to Work For."
NetApp University is a fast-paced organization in NetApp that aims to create learning products for employees, customers, and partners. As a part of NetApp University, you will design and create learning products/solutions for both technical and non-technical skills.
You will also benefit from working in a challenging environment for a very reputed multibillion dollar high growth company. You will be working directly with a number of subject matter experts during the development of training materials.
As a Technical Writer, you will use your writing skills to generate variety of content from PowerPoint to online tutorials and processes to converting raw wiki content into organized knowledge pieces for easy consumption. Job Requirements The ideal candidate has experience in developing information architecture, instructional materials and writing a variety of content and collaborating on Software Engineering content. Writing samples of applicable tutorials and web content must be submitted with resume to be considered. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team that manages development of core content supporting NetApp’s engineering community worldwide.
1. Organize, write and edit accurate, concise, and highly readable page content for new and existing Software Engineering content
2. Write and edit instructional materials to create training for knowledge and skills transfer
3. Generate writing that include but are not limited to Help, FAQs, tutorials, templates, and other website content
4. Evaluate the scope of a writing and instructional project and be responsible for managing own priorities, schedule and deadlines
5. Enforce and follow established style guides to ensure high editorial standards
6. Follow training development processes to develop instructional materials
7. Diplomatically address and resolve differences between stakeholders from cross-functional teams
1. Excellent communication, writing, editing, analytical, and proofreading skills for online content
2. Ability to apply course development standards, templates, and style sheets (AP Style Guide, Chicago Manual of Style or Microsoft Manual of Style)
3. Ability to collaborate and follow standardized development processes and procedures.
4. Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp engineering concepts and translate them into clear consumable content
5. Knowledge of web production and project management
6. Experience with HTML, Dreamweaver, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite.
7. Follow training development processes to develop instructional materials
8. Ability to work in a team and collaborate with all levels in the organization Education and Experience •Bachelors in English or Journalism, or Technical Writing and or Instructional Design certification
- 3-4 yrs years of professional work experience writing for Software Engineering audience
- 3-4 years of professional work experience writing instructional materials Posting Category NetApp University / Training Full time / Part time Full-time Posting Location USA - North Carolina - Research Triangle Park Requisition Number 11420BR
NetApp - 2 years ago
Careers at NetApp
At NetApp, your expertise is what drives our growing success
NetApp is the ideal place to give your career a boost....