Responsible for providing after-hours and weekend on-call nursing service. Responds to telephone requests for assistance by addressing the request by telephone or by making a visit that includes skilled assessment and interventions.
1. Current and unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by the company.
2. Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) documents the following: The mutual recognition model of nurse licensure allows a nurse to have one license (in his or her state of residency) and to practice in other states (both physical and electronic), subject to each state’s practice law and regulation. Nurses must legally reside in a NLC state to be eligible to have a multi-state license. See list of Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC)
3. Minimum of one (1) year of nursing experience required.
4. Current CPR certification.
5. Able to assess patient status and identify requirements relative to age specific needs.
6. Knowledge of physical, psychosocial and spiritual needs of terminally ill patients and their caregivers.
7. Must be familiar with general use and functions of the computer, such as, user names and password concepts; internet; e-mail; navigation of computer desktop, including starting programs, using files, and windows, effectively use navigation buttons and tool bars; ability to self-manage online HR services and online training programs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Amedisys' philosophy, "Taking care of your loved ones as we would our own," has guided our growth into one of the nation’s leading home health and hospice care organizations. With Amedisys, you’ll be part of a culture focused on delivering the care that’s best for our patients, whether that is home-based recovery and rehabilitation after an operation, care empowering them to manage a chronic disease, palliative care for those with a terminal illness, or hospice care at the end of life.
The health care industry is changing; at Amedisys we’re developing a new model of care that not only reduces preventable hospital readmissions and saves money, but provides convenience, compassion and customized service for every patient. We believe we can do that by focusing on quality care, improving technology and efficiency, and hiring employees who care not just with their hands and head, but also with their heart.
Our people are our business; Amedisys invests in you throughout your career with industry-leading educational benefits, including free clinical continuing education and tuition assistance. And our career ladders program lets you map out your professional development and advancement opportunities, helping you build a career, not just a job.
We offer competitive salaries and one of the best benefit packages in the industry:
401 (K) plan with employer-matching contribution available for all employees
Health, dental, vision insurance
Flexible spending accounts and wellness discount program
Paid time off and 8 paid holidays
Employee Stock Purchase Plan available to full and part-time employees
Employee Assistance Program
Tuition reimbursement program
The decision to join the Amedisys team is a decision that is rewarded on a daily basis by the difference we make in the lives of our patients and their families.
United States-West Virginia-Wheeling
Contact Name - External
Contact Email - External
Amedisys' philosophy, "Taking care of your loved ones as we would our own," has guided their growth into one of the nation’s...