This position provides a variety of typical security services to both large and small business clients.
- learn and maintain a basic knowledge of all Security functions, relevant policies and protocols as well as building layout and emergency response plans
- monitor and maintain the reception/lobby area, keeping the area tidy and clean of unsightly items
- greet all visitors, including vendors, contractors and job candidates. log them in and assist them appropriately
- answer visitor questions and refer visitor concerns to the appropriate person(Manager, HR Dept, etc.).
- answer all telephone calls promptly and transfer them accurately.
- make announcements and pass information as required
- create and log facility work orders as needed, communicate special requests to Facilities and Sodexo Plant Operations
- use the radio system correctly to support Plant Operations
- ensure all paperwork, sign-ins and security procedures are completed accurately and consistently
- maintain an awareness of the lobby, visitors and telephone calls and report/log any inappropriate or out-of-the-ordinary events
- receive mail and packages, monitor use of the postage machine;
- reserve conference rooms for meetings and other functions
- assist in drills and emergencies with communication and coordination
- assist Executive Administrative Assistant and Plant Operations Manager
- assist other departments with administrative tasks accurately, reliably and consistently.
- Perform patrols throughout the plant.
This Position Requires:
Background required position evaluation skill levels:
- High school diploma (or GED).
- At least two years of directly related experience.
- The ability to work rotating shifts, weekends, callouts, etc.
- Must have a valid driver’s license for the past 3 years and a driving record acceptable to the company's insurance carrier is required.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test, a background check.
- Ability to verbally communicate with Clients and/or Customers
Language skills sufficient to: 1. Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. 2. Write routine reports and correspondence. 3. Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization. Math skills sufficient to: add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's including using these operations with units of American money and weight measurement, volume, or distance. Reasoning abilities sufficient to: 1. Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. 2. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Familiar with Microsoft Office software, specifically Outlook, Excel and Word, sufficient to create or update documents, tables and spreadsheets
Incumbents are regularly required to use hands, talk, and hear audible alarms. They are frequently required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, and smell. They occasionally are required to stand, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch. They are also occasionally required to mount and dismount vehicles. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. May rarely be expected to lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. The specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Fair Labor Standards Act Status:
- sit at a desk for a 12-hour shift
- walk, reach, climb stairs, kneel and crouch
- hear computer and telephone tones, audible alarms and radio transmissions
- clearly see close objects, objects at a distance and focus on a computer screen with natural or corrected vision.
The above is not intended to list all possible essential functions or requirements as they are subject to change. The employer reserves the right to revise or change this description. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. All employees are expected to work varying hours of compensated overtime to accomplish various duties. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the above essential duties and meet the physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to meet these conditions.
Security, Intelligence & Defense Analysis
NANA Management Services
NANA Development Corporation
- 2 years ago - save job
NMS, Alaska’s most trusted service provider.
NMS, www.nmsusa.com, is the leading provider of integrated support services in...