If you are an experienced system engineer who is passionate about Linux, virtualization, scalability, performance, and cloud computing, then this is the job for you.
The Linux Kernel and Operating Systems team is responsible for developing, building, configuring, testing, deploying, and supporting the hypervisor, kernel, and Linux images that run the Amazon E-Commerce platforms and Amazon Web Services. We’re a small aggressive team that makes things happen, with a preference for building tools and automation whenever possible to do the product building, testing, deployment, monitoring, and support.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Linux System Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will be innovative and have great problem solving and analytical skills. They are able to understand software internals, debug problems using a variety of techniques, and write automation with bash, Python and other scripting languages. They will be entirely comfortable with the Linux operating system and user-level tools, and are confident using and configuring Linux installers and build tools. Experience managing highly scalable fleets is also desired.
We are changing the way that people use computers and the Linux team is at the core of pushing the future of our technology platform--come help us make history!
For more information on Amazon Web Services please visit: http://aws.amazon.com
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 4 years of industry experience focused on Linux.
- Proficiency in using the typical Linux toolbox of open source software and management tools.
- Scripting proficiency with shell and either Perl or Python.
- BS in Computer Science.
- 5+ years of industry experience focused on Linux.
- Experience with large scale virtualization.
- A solid understanding of the Linux boot process and Linux networking.
- Experience working with the open source community.
- Proficient with Python, capable with Perl and Ruby, and familiar with C, C++ and Java.
Amazon’s mission is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy...