HNTB is seeking a Transportation Planner / Engineer for our Raleigh or Charlotte, NC office . The successful candidate will serve in our project development department and be responsible for NEPA transportation planning and urban planning projects. Candidate will coordinate with project manager, project designer and other disciplines on multiple large scale and complex transportation planning and urban design projects to ensure that the client's technical requirements of projects are fully met. Experience with land use planning, planning programs, and transportation improvement projects subject to NCDOT and other local jurisdictional procedures is required. Candidate must possess excellent writing and technical skills, strong personal initiative and follow through. Candidate will also be responsible for business development efforts.
- Prepare and/or supervise the preparation of environmental documents; including Categorical Exclusions, Environmental Assessments, Environmental Impact Statements and other technical reports.
- Prepare and/or supervise the preparation of urban planning documents; including local and regional plans, corridor studies and feasibility studies.
- Prepare and/or supervise the preparation of community planning studies; including Community Characteristics Reports, Community Impact Assessments, and Indirect and Cumulative Effects Analyses.
- Formulate and conduct technical planning studies in a timely and efficient manner and present results in concise, well-written documents.
- Direct, coordinate, and review technical work performed by other project team members.
- Perform quality checks to ensure client requirements are met.
- Public presentations and meeting/workshop facilitation.
- Budget and schedule management.
- Computer skills with windows based programs such as Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook as well as ArcGIS.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Transportation or Environmental Planning required
- 6 plus years of experience required
- PE and/or AICP preferred
The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, physical or mental disability, veteran status or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.
HNTB - 2 years ago
HNTB knows the ABCs of A/E. The company is a pure design firm, which derives most of its revenues from architecture, engineering, or...