Mid-sized credit union seeks an experienced Branch Manager with excellent communication skills to manage, coach, and supervise assigned personnel in one or more Credit Union branch offices including full range of operational applications, field marketing, problem solving and achieving growth and sales goals. Relies on experience, knowledge, judgment, creativity and self-motivation to plan and accomplish goals.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Supervises assigned personnel.
- Manages all daily branch activities of one or more branches.
- Accountable for financial performance, member satisfaction, branch policies, and procedures.
- Ensures branch adheres to internal control requirements, prescribed policies, practices and objectives.
- Responsible for staying abreast of competitive marketplace conditions and assures compliance with regulatory issues.
- Plans, directs and makes field marketing presentations to Farmers Claims Offices, district manager and agent meetings and new employee orientations and other special functions.
- Performs necessary oversight to achieve satisfactory branch audits and fulfill internal control requirements.
- Develops and executes branch marketing concepts to complement Home Office and independent marketing campaigns.
- Hires, trains, leads and coaches staff in delivering on the Credit Union promise relative to all products and services.
- Travels to Homes Office, other branch and Farmers offices as needed for meetings, emergency staffing, training and marketing presentations.
- Acts as back-up for all branch staff positions as necessary.
- Acts as a back-up for Assistant Vice President as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Promotes safety at all times and complies with safety/ergonomic standards as outlined in relevant company published manuals.
- Minimum 3 years of retail banking/credit union experience.
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Minimum of Associates degree preferred.
- Excellent overall communication skills.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary in nature, consisting of occasion walking, standing, lifting and/or carrying ten pounds maximum, seeing, speaking, and hearing.
Travel is 10-25%.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
Four year college degree in business administration or related field or two years of business related college level courses and three years of business related experience, including experience requirement below.
Five years (increasing in responsibility) of credit union, bank or savings and loan association experience, Working knowledge of both savings and lending operations required.
Special Skills Requirements
- Exhibits strong oral and written communication skills, analytical skills and supervisory and team building skills required.
- Exercises good leadership, decision making and positive employee and member relation skills.
- Possesses strong sales, telephone and applicable software usage skills.
farmers - 21 months ago