needed - Royal Oaks, MI - contract position
This position will be responsible for support of the Exchange & Active Directory environment including the new Open Source email platform and its full integration with the existing infrastructure. The associate will work closely with infrastructure, network, database and application teams to insure business applications are highly available and performing within agreed on service levels.
MS Exchange Engineer
Required Skills / Experience
3+ years Microsoft Exchange 2003 / 2007 / 2010 server and client support experience
2+ years Microsoft Windows Server 2003 / 2008 administration and operating system support experience
1-2 years Microsoft IIS Web Server support experience
2+ years Active Directory system support experience
Strong working knowledge of DNS, DHCP, WINS, TCP/IP
1-2 years Intel Server hardware maintenance and support experience
Must be able to provide 7X24 on-call support on a rotating basis
2 years supporting open source Linux operating systems (RHEL, CENTOS, Fedora)and hardware in an enterprise environment.
2 years experience installing, configuring Linux based systems
Strong scripting expertise including BASH, PHP, PERL, Java script and UNIX Shell
Expertise in typical system administration and programming skills such as storage capacity management, performance tuning, system dump analysis, server hardening (security).
Demonstrated ability to apply problem analysis and resolution techniques to complex system problems
MS Exchange Engineer
1. Provides day to day production support of our Email & Active Directory infrastructure including:
Active Directory 2003-2008
Integration and synchronization with SUN iPlanet LDAP
SCOM system monitoring & capacity planning
Email anti-virus and anti-spam management
NearPoint email archiving
2. Architectural updates and enhancements to environment, including:
Operating system updates
Application updates (Exchange 2010)
Implement Open Source Email for web email users
Hardware model changes and updates
3. Utilize industry standard technologies to insure the integrity of recoverability of servers; backups, patch installations, performance monitoring etc.
4. Work with the project and application development teams to implement new business initiatives as they relate to the Email or Active Directory environment
5. Install updates, patches, application version upgrades as required.
6. Implement vulnerability and operating system patches to insure compliance and system integrity.
7. Troubleshoot complex problems that impact our end-users' ability to perform required business functions.
MS Exchange Engineer Benefits available