Seeking a Desktop and Infrastructure Support Technician provides 8x5 and flexible adhoc support of IT hardware, software, and systems in an on-site and on-call capacity for our offices in Alexandria, VA and Reston, Virginia, as well as for remote employees. A successful Support Technician will be responsible for utilizing his/her skills to provide assistance to the operations team in resolving technical problems within the office location that cover a multitude of technical disciplines. Duties include:
- Windows 7 Operating System Support & troubleshooting for desktop and laptop hardware.
- Windows 2003 / 2008 Server Support & troubleshooting, ability to administer users in an Active Directory environment.
- Install/test/troubleshoot applications. Image and maintain desktop and laptop systems to standard specifications
- Ensures security procedures are followed and enforced
- Create and administer clear, concise documentation, user guides, self-help tutorials.
- Inventory and Asset Management of all IT equipment and software
- Complete ownership of all IT related issues on site or remote as needed
- Must be able to effectively communicate with users on basic problem resolution
- Provide onsite support for VOIP phone systems and /or Voice mail systems.
- Basic configuration and maintenance of Cisco switches and routers
- Administration of printers, scanners, and other end user devices in a mixed Windows/Mac environment
- At least 5 years of working with, supporting, repairing, troubleshooting IT systems including desktop, network, and software
- At least 5 years’ experience with Microsoft Office products including Windows, Office, Exchange
- At least 2 years supporting some number of users in an office/business environment
- At least 2-3 years of working with others in a team/collaborative environment
- Candidate should possess superior customer service skills in dealing with users at all levels in a team environment.
- Proven ability to operate in high pressure situations and successfully handle multiple priorities and possess a high level of discipline while remaining flexible.
- Demonstrated experience delivering direct user support in a high availability environment.
- Previous experience in which high levels of initiative, judgment, and tact has been demonstrated.
- Must possess superior technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills with the ability to interact with internal customers in a professional manner.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Candidate must haves a basic understanding of core internet technologies - DNS, mail transport, TCP/IP and network file systems
- Must have a good understanding of computers (both hardware and software) and have demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology.
- Experience directly supporting a user community with diverse IT needs to include: Windows setup and configuration, data encryption, printer management, system backup/restore
- Experience with Data Cabling / Computer Facilities maintenance
- Certifications in areas of core support responsibility - A+, MCSA, MSCE, Network+
- Working knowledge of VOIP technologies
- Experience administering Exchange and SharePoint services including user provisioning and management
- Experience with SharePoint administration, workflow development, basic site management a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 a huge plus
- B.S. / B.A. in Computer Science or Related Technical field preferred, but not required.
Indeed - 19 months ago
LongView International Technology Solutions, Inc. (LongView) is an acknowledged and award winning multi-ISO/CMMI appraised and certified...