The engineering manager will lead engineering team in support and development of aeronautical communication products. Manager provides leadership and guidance in all aspects of planning and execution related to avionics product development. Individual shall work with other functional managers to effectively communicate a cohesive strategy to facilitate development to meet business goals.
· Provide leadership and direction to engineering team
· Responsible for building and development of the team
· Responsible for creation of job descriptions and hiring process.
· Responsible setting department and individual goals in execution of engineering mission
· Work with executive team to define product direction, technology assessments, project scope.
· Responsible for budget development and project cost estimates.
· Work with product/program/project managers to ensure development meets or exceeds customer requirements and expectations
· Manage the group and individuals within the group to define plans, schedules, and deliverables
· Insure adherence to quality standards and development processes such as AS9100. Lead process improvement or development of new processes where required.
· Technical contributor to engineering team providing significant input into plans, architectures, detail designs and design reviews
· Collaborate with other cross functional teams in support of product lifecycle.
· Maintain a positive, can-do attitude, and adapt well to a quickly changing environment
· Develop and present reports to upper management relative to program plans, resource requirements, schedules, schedule recovery and risk mitigation.
· Knowledge of AS-9100/ISO-9001 and capable of writing processes and procedures.
· Bachelors or Advanced Degree in Engineering or related field with minimum of 7-10 years related work experience
· Prior experience with DO-254 and DO-178b development processes. Working knowledge of showing compliance to above standards.
· Prior experience in management of multidiscipline teams including software, electronics, and mechanical aspects of product development.
· Experience in Avionic product development or similar environment where regulatory oversight is integral to development processes.
· Excellent people skills with ability to recruit, motivate and lead the team
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Strong problem solving, analytical, and interpersonal communication skills
· Excellent verbal & written communication skills with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate to internal and external organizations.
· Self starter, motivated and able to work with little oversight or frequent guidance.