The purpose of this position is to represent Midland Care professionally in community outreach activities and help healthcare providers access care for their clients. The incumbent is responsible for successful relationship building with current and potential healthcare provider partners. The incumbent is responsible for communicating the mission, philosophy and key elements of all Midland Care programs.
Social work or nursing degree from an accredited educational program. Strong interpersonal/human relations skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Prior community outreach experience. Must possess valid Kansas Driver’s License, in force automobile liability insurance and maintain a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) that meets organization’s insurability standard as defined by Midland policy. Availability of reliable transportation is required .
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Articulates clearly and consistently to referral sources, contracting providers and consumers the mission, the philosophy and key elements of all Midland Care programs.
• Coordinates the planning and promotion of successful public relations activities, events and health fairs.
• Collaborates with the Education Department to promote community education offerings.
• Partners with the supervisor to develop strategic marketing activities.
• Responds in a timely manner to requests for information. Stocks brochures in the community. Delivers clinical notes. Stocks Midland Candy Care.
• Effectively communicates all aspects of Midland programs to the community and assists with admission paperwork.
• Monitors progress in meeting goals and makes adjustments as needed to reach goals. Develops advanced goals when initial goals are met.
• Corresponds with referral sources, vendors, commercial organizations and professional foundations to identify appropriate partnerships and coordinate speaking engagements.
• Implements department policies and procedures that are consistent with Midland policies and procedures.
• Participates in the organization’s community outreach efforts directed at educating consumers and healthcare providers.
• Assures accurate information is available for client needs, partnerships and community education activities.
• Represents and participates in appropriate organization committees and activities.
• Assists supervisor and other staff members regarding the development and revision of the organization’s promotional materials, brochures and informational flyers.
• Identifies opportunities for new program development and growth.
• Seeks and utilizes opportunities for professional growth and encourages performance feedback.
• Works with Contract Administrator to identify educational needs and provide training for contracting providers.
• Maintains professional boundaries.
• Utilizes evolving technology as assigned.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Monitors own expenditures within established guidelines to ensure the most effective communication is being provided with no waste within appropriate guidelines.
• Identifies cost savings and efficiencies where appropriate and makes recommendations for financial growth.
The Midland Way
Other Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Carries out the mission and values of Midland. Articulates Midland Philosophy. Demonstrates a willingness to assist in patient/client and family care as needed. Respects the autonomy and right of confidentiality of patients/clients and families. Demonstrates good customer service the Midland Way at all times. Participates in performance improvement activities. Demonstrates ability to work collaboratively with other staff. Comes to work in neat, clean attire and consistently presents an appropriately professional appearance. Comes to work as scheduled and consistently demonstrates dependability and punctuality. Understands the organization’s computer system(s) and the software(s) used within the department as applicable to this position. Serves as a Universal Employee and accepts assigned duties in a cooperative manner. Performs all duties as assigned in an effective manner. Understands and demonstrates compliance with Midland policies and procedures.
Continuously (75 - 100% of time) performs a variety of tasks that involve standing, walking and sitting. May be required to push materials, equipment or furniture less than 10% of the time. The capacity to drive and the availability of a car is preferred. The ability to use the telephone is also essential. The ability to operate office equipment such as a computer is important
HIPAA Security Class
• Clerical/Clinical: Access to medical records to modify or create No access to billing or software maintenance
Office equipment (telephone, FAX machine, calculator, photocopier), cell phone, personal computer, laptop, and LCD/data projector, personal vehicle or Midland Care vehicle as approved.
Individual must wear appropriate business attire and spends virtually all of the time inside.
My signature indicates that I have read the Job Description and I understand the duties. I further understand that this does not imply a contractual agreement between me and Midland Care Connection, Inc. and does not alter the “at will” nature of my employment.
Midland Care - 30+ days ago
The relationship that has developed between Care Training East Midlands (CTEM) and Nottingham City Transport (NCT) has been one of innovatio...