This nonexempt position is considered the entry level photo job at The Magazine. Qualified candidates should presently live with commuting distance of the Bristol, CT, campus.
ESPN, Inc., The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities. Headquartered in Bristol, Connecticut, ESPN is 80% owned by ABC, Inc. (a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company), and 20% by the Hearst Corporation.
ESPN was founded by Bill Rasmussen and launched on September 7, 1979. Now with over 6,500 employees, each year ESPN televises more than 5,100 live and/or original hours of sports programming. The company’s mission is to serve sports fans. Anytime. Anywhere.
• Assign, produce, edit and research a variety of feature photography for all sections of The Magazine.
• Develop concepts for front of book and feature photography.
• Work with other departments such as design and production, but particularly with story editors, to create visual solutions for stories.
• Participate in researching and recommending the selection of stock and other photography.
• Assist in arranging photo shoots.
• Help maintain photo archives.
• Creating online photo galleries from ESPN The Magazine content.
• Search for/suggest online galleries both current and archival from photographers worldwide.
• Participate in ESPN The Magazine's social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
• Minimum 2 years’ magazine photo editing experience although other experience within the photo and publishing business would be considered such as production work.
• Knowledge of electronic image handling, research and digital camera files and software such as Photoshop.
• Adept at photo research.
• Knowledge of major professional and college sports desirable.
• Undergraduate degree in photography, fine arts or related field.
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
ESPN, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.
ESPN, Inc. - 13 months ago
ESPN, Inc. The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest...