FUNCTION : The Clinic Manager works collaboratively with the clinician lead and clinical team members to develop a high-functioning clinical team with clear standards and consistent performance ensuring the provision of high quality clinical services. The Clinic Manager works closely with the clinician lead to manage the daily operations of the clinic and with the Medical Director and Site Director to ensure that SRCHC policies and procedures are implemented and standards of care are met.
SPECIFIC TASKS/DUTIES INCLUDE :
- Supervises support staff in clinic including, but not limited to: nursing support staff, medical assistants, and medical receptionists.
- Provides leadership for the department including direction, training, performance management and development of all assigned staff. Must be familiar with the Collective Bargaining Agreement in the supervision of any union-represented staff. Responsible for timely, accurate submission of timekeeping processes to payroll.
- Manages the day to day operations of the clinic including: appropriate scheduling of patients, providers and staff, evaluation of work flows and systems, and other activities that maximize efficiency and promote effective patient care.
- Ensures that patients have timely access to medical services.
- Manages clinical and operational problems as they arise.
- Collaborates with appropriate staff to maintain proper daily support staff schedule for all clinics.
- Coordinates implementation of new or upgraded systems, is responsible for disseminating and training staff on new and revised policies and procedures.
- Orients and trains new staff and new residents on clinic operations and provides ongoing training for existing staff.
- Quality Improvement: conducts audits on clinical performance and operations on a regular basis, reports findings to Site Director and Medical Director and participates in development and implementation of corrective action plan. Assists Site Director in preparing for site visits by auditors.
- Responsible for responding to and tracking patient complaints.
- Leads team meetings in a manner that promotes engagement by all team members.
- Shares good clinical and operational practices with other Clinic Managers.
- Communicates directly with the Site Director regarding staff performance, clinic function, and quality of care on a regular basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bilingual (speak, read, and write) in English and Spanish or a second language that is reflected by the SRCHC patient population is preferred.
- Minimum two years experience in clinic management or lead clinical role preferred.
- Minimum two years supervisory experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and experience with electronic health records.
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities to improve systems and work flow.
- Demonstrated knowledge of compliance issues within the community clinic environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills: team building, strong communication skills, and ability to motivate staff.
- Sensitivity to and willingness to interact with persons of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize projects, work relatively independently, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- CPR certification preferred, but not required at the time of hire.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
Southwest Community Health Center - 15 months ago