BASIC FUNCTION - Assist the Chief Engineer in the supervision and coordination of all activities concerned with the general operation and maintenance work of the mechanical, electrical and craft services. Function as a working group leader in these areas. |
PERSONNEL SUPERVISED - In the absence of the Chief Engineer, the Assistant Chief will assume the responsibilities of the Chief and supervise the personnel in the Chief’s job description.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review engineer log in order to keep up to date with day to day operator activities and be aware of status of monitoring systems. Initial at end of each day.
- Perform rounds, CM’s/PM’s/Special Projects, and tasks as assigned.
- Complete all associated paperwork with rounds, CM’s/PM’s/Special Projects accurately and in compliance with ISO standards. This includes any and all other paperwork required as part of duties (Purchase Orders and Inventory Control Sheets).
- Maintain and fill out weekly time sheets. All hours must add up to 7.50 for an 8 hour shift. (.75 paper work)
- Each engineer shall be responsible for maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
- All engineers need to be aware of all aspects of this facility. If you find something that is not the way it should be, they need to report this to the Lead Engineer, who will respond accordingly.
- All engineers are responsible for the tools they use. They are to be returned in a clean and operational state from where they were used from. Tools that are no longer operational or safe to use should be reported to the Lead Engineer.
- Field training of journeymen / apprentice.
- Development of Lead Engineers.
- Responsible for white space / uptime / customer satisfaction – Discover.
- 2 years college.
- Apprenticeship training or equivalent.
ABM IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER (M/F/V/D)