Zones Inc. is a nationwide multi-vendor IT solutions provider of brand name computers, software, accessories and peripherals, recognized as an industry leader for over 20 years. We are committed to providing team members with the current resources, tools and training to achieve success and excel in professional growth.
The Business Intelligence Analyst’s - Level 1 role is to translate business requirements into BI solutions that meet end user needs using available BI presentation tools. The BIA will work closely with business analysts to understand the needs of the business and, in turn, collaborate with BI developers to produce first-in-class BI experiences for users. Visualization delivery formats may include scorecards, dashboards, tabular reports, grid-style reports, etc. BI/report models will utilize metrics and KPIs maintained in the enterprise OLAP data structures. The BIA will influence which delivery methods are used to meet the business requirements and work with BI developers to create supporting OLAP data structures as needed.
- Develop BI/reporting models in many visual formats - scorecards, dashboards, tabular reports, grid-style reports, etc.
- Assist in the design of the BI semantic layer and associated metadata
- Assist in the design of OLAP databases, data warehouses, and datamarts to ensure interoperability with BI solutions.
- Analyze user requirements and, based on findings, design functional specifications for BI front-end applications
- Design and deliver end-user training and training materials; provide technical support as necessary.
- Troubleshoot BI tools, systems, and software; assist in performance-tuning of these applications as necessary.
- Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or Information Technology degree
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a Business Intelligence Analyst
Additional Desired Skills/Experience
- Excellent understanding of ETL, Datawarehousing, and Visualization design concepts
- Good working knowledge of Agile SDLC
- Specific experience working with Microsoft BI stack - SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, SharePoint , PerformancePoint, PowerView
- Skilled communicator with employees at all levels/outstanding interpersonal skills
- Strong multi-tasking, time management and organizational capabilities
- Advanced proficiency with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, Visio
- Self-starter with ability to take initiative, and exercise sound independent judgment and discretion
- Results-oriented and able to work under inflexible deadlines
- Ability to identify methods to improve overall process effectiveness and efficiency
- Exposure to predictive analytics models in SSAS or other analytics tool
- Experience in gathering and documenting functional and technical requirements
- Experience in documenting, coordinating and conducting system and User Acceptance Testing
- Exposure to Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP
At Zones we realize that a competitive benefit package is extremely important to our team members. We offer a comprehensive health insurance plan (medical, dental and vision), product discounts, vacation, sick leave, paid holidays, 401(k) Plan with match, and an in-house gym at our corporate office.
We believe that our success is a direct result of your success, and because of this it is our intention to give our team members all the tools necessary to reach their goals.
If you meet the qualifications shown above, are driven by results and are looking for an exciting career in IT, we want to hear from you!
Zones… Connecting Businesses and Technology…. Connecting People with Opportunity
We are proud to be an E/O/E and a minority owned business.
Zones, Inc. provides premier IT solutions from the data center to the desktop. By teaming with our customers, Zones provides a full range...