Software Development Team Lead - CAT-INF0004086
Computer Aided Test Software Development Team Lead, Product Development
About the General Motors Product Development IT team:
Global Product Development IT is responsible for coordinating product development process re-engineering activities and the implementation of associated information systems across GM business sectors. Our Goal is to effectively and efficiently develop and deliver focused solutions to the business that drive business value and meet the most critical business needs. Our industry leading developers, engineers, testers and architects work closely with internal teams and dealers to deliver the world’s best customer experience.
About the role:
A PD IT Team Lead is responsible and accountable for the quality and delivery of complex IT systems within an assigned domain and their conformance to approved GM IT standards and alignment with the future state enterprise and domain architectural goals. This includes both hands-on development of IT technology systems as well as management of various delivery teams.
This Software Development Team Lead role is a senior level developer position. This Software Development Team Lead role requires a deep experience in software development, data structures and databases. Team Leads will work very closely with architects and project managers while leading teams contributing to multi-layered solution architectures that comprehend and specify business, application, data and infrastructure designs.
A heavy focus on Computer Aided Testing software will be expected. This includes data acquisition, data analysis and information presentation. A mix of custom developed and commercial applications will be used.
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience/training
- Expert knowledge of database modeling and data structure principles, techniques and best practices.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in Java and/or .NET.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in data acquisition and analysis tools such as: Diadem, Labview, AVL, Matlab
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in building, debugging and maintaining mission critical enterprise applications.
- Ability to lead software development teams with both technical expert and metrics-based approaches
- Masters degree - IT or Engineering technical background
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in multiple software development disciplines (i.e. Agile)
- Familiarity with integrating back end IT systems with Automotive Test Lab Instrumentation systems (TDAS, IMPAX, Ipetronik, Metrack, etc.)
- Experience with equipment level interfaces and control
- Enterprise level IT experience in a lead role.
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest Information Technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on Innovation, Speed, and Business Value.
Join our team and experience Information Technology at a scale and pace not seen before!
Primary Location: US-TX-Austin
Posting Date : Feb 8, 2013, 9:54:32 AM - Ongoing
Job: Information Technology
General Motors - 2 years ago
Growth opportunities at GM for talented people are as wide as the world.
From the design and engineering of new state-of-the-art plants...