Plant Engineering Services LLC, a Fluor company, is committed to providing our customers in the chemical, petrochemical and refining industries flexible solutions for their capital project and plant support needs. These solutions encompass the highest quality measures and safe practices in the industry.
Plant Engineering Services LLC, offers a full range of services, including project management, controls and estimating, process design basis development, front-end engineering and design, detailed engineering and design, procurement, and engineering support during construction.
Keeping with the Fluor tradition as a worldwide leader in engineering, procurement, construction, and maintenance, Plant Engineering Services LLC seeks individuals who share our commitment to engineering excellence.
Mechanical Engineering Department Manager
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Performing and checking mechanical engineering calculations and design using both computer-aided and manual design techniques
- Preparing mechanical equipment specifications, RFQ packages, and PO packages for process and material handling equipment.
- Participate in the procurement of mechanical equipment including, bid clarifications with Vendors, bid evaluations and recommendations, Vendor approval document and drawing reviews.
- Preparing and performing estimates, schedules, man-hour, manpower and material forecasts
- Working independently and providing guidance and mentorship to less experienced engineers
- Performing manpower planning and forecasting for engineers
- Determining engineering and designer staffing needs for projects based on input from Lead Engineers
- Assigning engineers to projects to meet project needs
- Recruiting and training entry-level engineers
- Interviewing and hiring new engineers
- Preparing performance appraisals for engineers
- Becoming actively involved in salary administration activities
- Actively participating in, promoting and maximizing the use of Fluor’s Knowledge Community and other available resources
- Travelling, as required, to ensure the successful execution of project and/or department goals
- Understanding the administration of other disciplines
- Exhibiting a thorough understanding of pertinent codes and governing regulations and industry practices
- Developing client relations
- Other duties as assigned
Fluor Corp. - 17 months ago
From the ground up, Fluor Corporation is one of the world's largest international design, engineering, and contracting firms. It...