SUMMARY: POSITION #10295 PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR
Responsible for managing a production shift in order to meet production schedules, quality, and cost objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
Employee and Team Development:
- Communicate criteria to recruiters for manufacturing position candidates.
- Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
- Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis by streamlining processes and systems.
- Validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
- Coach and mentor manufacturing staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
- Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
- Responsible for managing labor discipline and policy issues with employees.
- Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
- Drive individuals, and the team, to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
- Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crisis.
- Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
- Utilize tools to monitor production line cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
- Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
- Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
Business Strategy and Direction: * Develop an understanding of the Workcell business strategy as it pertains to Manufacturing.
Drive team to achieve daily/weekly/monthly goals.
Review labor reports for accuracy.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Minimize excessive material on production floor.
- Review and analyze production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications, and operating or production problems.
- Implement and validate operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.
- Consult with engineering personnel relative to modification of machines and equipment in order to improve production and quality products.
- Monitor the quality system to recognize and fix repetitive problems immediately.
- Supervise production activities and assists in establishing production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors. Verifies that only current, accurate and authorized documentation is available to production.
- Assist in the coordination of production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Assist in the minimization of scrap and materials request order (MRO) usage.
- Sustain the 5S process.
- Ensure that line employees read, understand and adhere to appropriate policies and procedures.
- Ensure proper stocking and availability of operation supplies and equipment.
- Conduct daily shift meeting.
- Timely disposition of MRB.
- Kronos/timecard administration.
- Review and sign off ECN's and deviations.
- Review daily schedule, coordinate and communicate changes.
- Respond to CAR's, sorts, purges, etc.
- Continually monitor status of the line.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Jabil Circuit, Inc. (Jabil) is a provider of worldwide electronic manufacturing services and solutions. The Company provides electronics...