Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to provide advice.
Responsible for accurate calculation of net-back price for assigned contracts.
Display advanced knowledge of workflow through the department and have basic understanding of other areas within the company.
Comprehend chart of accounts and code entries to proper accounts.
Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
Prepare analysis of expenditures and monthly report of operations.
Operate manually, electrically, and /or electronically controlled standard office equipment.
Review daily work of others in department.
Serve as a lead for a special projects as assigned.
Provide information to other employees and/or the public.
Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
Chesapeake offers an attractive benefits package including health, dental and life insurance as well as equity compensation. Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status designated by federal, state, or local law.
Ability to display a high level of initiative, effort and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently. Works with minimal supervision. Demonstrates responsible behavior and attention to detail.
Ability to work under stressful conditions. Aligns behavior with the needs, priorities and goals of the department and organization.
Excellent written and verbal English communications skills.
Able to effectively manage time and prioritize projects in order to meet established deadlines.
Demonstrate excellent computer knowledge through effective use of a personal computer including Microsoft Office applications. Able to learn company specific applications.
Able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts.
Fosters commitment and team spirit.
Accounting or Finance Degree and 1-5 years professional experience.
Background in Oil & Gas Revenue Accounting.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience.
- Advanced knowledge of professional accounting principles, theories, concepts and terms.
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheets, database software and the automated accounting system used in the department.
- Advanced knowledge of the structure, policies and operating details of the accounting system or segment thereof for which responsible.
- Ability to draw analogies form past experiences and other procedures and apply to current situations; identifies problems, considers pros and cons of possible solutions and offers viable solutions.
- Ability to acquire knowledge of specialized procedures and subject matter encountered in specific assignments.
- Ability to classify accounting transactions, maintain and reconcile accounts, close accounts and prepare reports and statements.
Chesapeake Energy - 18 months ago
Chesapeake Energy Corporation is the second-largest producer of natural gas, the 11th largest producer of oil and natural gas liquids and...