Title: Director/Senior Director, Respiratory
Location: MD, Gaithersburg – Corporate Headquarters
Major Duties and Responsibilities (including supervising others):
- Provide leadership and vision to help optimize the development of pipeline candidates in respiratory disease
- Represent Medical and Scientific Affairs on relevant Product Development Teams (PDTs)
- Serve as the internal lead for medical/scientific advisory boards related to respiratory disease, including defining the objectives, agendas, attendees, and faculty
- Collaborate with internal pharmacoeconomic stakeholders to elucidate medical value of relevant pipeline candidates
- Lead interpretation of competitive intelligence to inform development strategy for relevant pipeline candidates
- Interface with major key opinion leaders
- Collaborate with scientific communications in planning for publications related to pipeline candidates
- Provide subject matter expertise for development of phase IV plans for relevant pipeline candidates
- Review and approve medical content of disease-related or product-related promotional pieces as needed
- Represent the company at national and international meetings and congresses
- Travel up to 20%
Job Complexity: High
- Highly motivated with high personal and ethical standards
- Good interpersonal and team skills with ability to build consensus
- Results-oriented work ethic
- Demonstrated skills in communication, formal presentations, teaching, and technical writing
- Intellectual strength, analytical ability, and high professional standards in evaluating Phase II/ III /IV clinical trials and studies
- Credible reputation with the ability to accurately represent the company’s products and technology to the medical community
- Ability to perform as leader and individual contributor
- Strong understanding of or experience with industry compliance perspectives and trends as they relate to Medical and Scientific Affairs
Supervision: High level of independence
- M.D. or Ph.D. or Pharm.D. required (M.D. preferred)
- Training in respiratory disease preferred
MedImmune does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on MedImmune’s approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to MedImmune by search/recruiting agencies not already on MedImmune’s approved agency list shall become the property of MedImmune and if the candidate is subsequently hired by MedImmune, MedImmune shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.
- 5 + years of bio-pharma industry experience related to marketed/phase III compounds
- Experience in respiratory disease preferred
- Experience in global biopharmaceutical development (phase II/ III ) desirable
If you are interested in this position, please apply online at www.medimmune.com/careers and search for Req # 03005 .
MedImmune is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
“My company shares my passion for helping to improve human health around the world.”
“This is My MedImmune.”
Those who join MedImmune feel a sense of ownership about their future. They thrive with a recognized leader in the biotechnology industry and the wholly-owned subsidiary of AstraZeneca plc.
Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance science, technology and medicine to develop products designed to help people live better lives. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, integrity and growth opportunities…that encourages both individual contribution and collaborative entrepreneurial thinking. Our products and/or product candidates are designed to address areas of need in infection, oncology, respiratory disease and inflammation, cardiovascular/gastrointestinal disease and neuroscience. Explore a MedImmune career as we strive to better more lives, more often, around the world.
Nature Publishing Group - 4 years ago
MedImmune works to boost the immune systems of babies and grown-ups. Its flagship biotech product, Synagis, prevents respiratory syncytial...