The person in this role will report to the Director of IT Operations. Responsibilities include the day to day tasking and execution of technical programming tasks. This person will use the resources made available to them to achieve the needed functionality changes to the program. This person will see to it that the group adheres to the software development lifecycle approach of Design, Code, Test and Release.
Familiarity with computer programming languages such as PHP, Java, My SQL or equivalent is required. Experience in the telecom arena, specifically with Asterisk is a plus.
Due to the nature of our business we're very interested in individuals that have a healthcare related IT background. The candidate should be well organized and a results-oriented with good written and oral communications skills. This position will liaise with on site ASP vendors for in time zone support.
This position will require interaction with international counterparts, and thus may require some flexibility in schedule as well as international travel.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- In concert with the Telecom Programming Team Lead, craft technical specification documents to achieve the needed software modifications/development.
- Develop and implement Application Deployment and Maintenance policies, procedures and processes.
- Review and provide direction on hardware systems architecture, configuration, security and utilization.
- Day to day oversight and support of the offshore production environments.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- 2+ years’ experience with Unix/Linux or equivalent dialer platform and systems.
OP, SIP, Asterisk is a major plus
Experience with Vicidial is a very large plus
- Experience working in a multi-staged production environment (Dev, QA, Prod.) and excellent understanding of the software development processes and tools.
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Experience with VI
For three decades, Healthways has been dedicated to improving the human condition. Each year, we learn more and do more for the millions of individuals who count on us to make a difference in their health and well-being. Healthways is a global provider of solutions that help employers, health plans and government agencies enhance business performance and reduce healthcare costs. Our mission is to create a healthier world, one person at a time.
Here at Healthways as we continue to make the world a healthier place, we have also created an environment where people choose to do their best work. Our unique culture thrives on mission-driven individuals who exude a high sense of energy and passion in everything that they do. Collaboration and teamwork are an essential part of everyday life for Colleagues who trust and depend on one another to achieve the highest degree of collective success. We are an organization that strives to recruit the best and the brightest individuals who take pride in the statement "I work for Healthways."
Healthways - 21 months ago
For health insurers, healthy plan members are cheap plan members; that's where Healthways comes in. The health services company...