Assoc Territory Manager
Job ID : 2012-13694
# of Positions: 3
Posted Date: 10/30/2012
Job Location: US-UT-American Fork
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Certiport (www.Certiport.com), a Pearson VUE company, prepares individuals with current and relevant digital skills and credentials for the competitive global workforce. These solutions are delivered by more than 12,000 Certiport Centers worldwide and include the official Microsoft Office certification program, the Microsoft Technology Associate certification program, the Adobe® Certified Associate certification program, the CompTIA Strata™ IT Fundamentals, the Autodesk® Certified User certification program, the Intuit® QuickBooks Certified User certification program and the Internet and Computing Core Certification (IC³® ). As a leader in lifetime advancement through certification, Certiport values innovative individuals who aren't afraid to jump in and jumpstart their careers. We want you to advance, too! Hard-working, team-oriented employees develop in our energetic and dynamic organization.
Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com) is the global leader in electronic testing for regulatory and certification boards, providing a full suite of services from test development to test delivery to data management. Pearson VUE offers exams through the world's largest network of test centers in 162 countries, providing testing services for information technology, academic, government and professional clients.
Pearson has one defining goal: to help people progress in their lives through learning. We champion innovation and we invest in models for education that deliver on our promise for effective, accessible, and personal learning from early literacy, college and career readiness to professional education, through data informed instruction and inventive applications for mobile and digital learning.
Pearson, the world's leading learning company, has global-reach and market leading businesses in education, business, and consumer publishing and is listed on the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO). For more information, visit www.pearson.com.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Associate Territory Manager is responsible to contribute sales and support within the North American (NOAM) Sales Team, working with multiple product lines and territories. This is a quota carrying associate sales position, which supports existing territory managers to meet the overriding annual sales goals for the team. The Associate Territory Manager will contribute independent new sales and renewals of Certiport industry recognized assessment, test preparation, curriculum, and certification exam products to various markets and support NOAM territory managers and initiatives.
1. 60% Territory Sales:
2. 35% Territory Support:
- Contribute independent new sales and renewals of Certiport industry recognized assessment, test preparation, curriculum, and certification exam products to various markets including: Higher education, K-12 education, Workforce Development.
- Outbound calling and prospecting
- Provide customer solutions and presentations
- Close new sales and renewals over the phone
- Overcome objections and resolve concerns.
Use CRM tools to track and forecast sales opportunities and record account interaction
Support territory managers with district and statewide sales initiatives
Support territory managers in contract negotiations with C level executives as needed
Travel out of state infrequently for trade shows and regional/state meetings
3. 5% Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field preferred
- Minimum of 2 years sales experience
- Sales or sales support experience in the education or learning products market a plus
- Performance driven and results oriented
- Work well under heavy sales pressure
- Proven telesales achievements
- Self-motivated—able to work independently to achieve Certiport and individual sales goals
- Excellent oral, written, time management and presentation skills
- Able to quickly develop trusting and cooperative relationships over the phone and in person
- Knowledge of computer systems, CRMs, and Office apps required
- Knowledge of education or certification products preferred
- Proven record of meeting quota and sales goals
Pearson Education - 2 years ago
Pearson is an international media company with world-leading businesses in education, business information, and consumer publishing. Our...