Bachelor's Degree required
Provides complete physical therapy care, working toward optimal outcomes. Performs other duties as assigned. Works under the supervision of the Physical Rehabilitation Services Site Supervisor.
1. Evaluates physician-referred patients to determine functional limitations and impairments. Develops a plan of care including specific interventions and goals to address the patient’s needs, in accordance with physician orders/protocol. Assists with discharge planning through recommendations communicated to the physician and the multidisciplinary team.
2. Provides treatment in accordance with the plan of care and within the scope of physical therapy practice. Treatment includes direct application of physical therapy procedures/modalities, instruction/education of patient/family, periodic reassessment and modification of plan of care.
3. Documents evaluations, treatments, charges, and all relevant communications/interactions with the patient, family, and physician in the patient’s chart.
4. Coordinates patient treatment as appropriate with other disciplines such as occupational and speech therapy. Communicates and coordinates as appropriate with other services such as Transitional Care Unit, Acute Rehabilitation Unit, Home Care Services, Skilled Nursing Facility, and case management. Attends multidisciplinary team meetings as appropriate.
5. Manages time efficiently to accomplish patient evaluation, treatment and documentation without necessitating excessive use of overtime.
6. Supervises physical therapist assistants, physical therapy aides and other support personnel involved in direct patient care.
7. Submits accurate, daily charges for patient care, on a timely basis.
8. Participates in education/training of groups/individuals, both intra and extra departmental, on topics relevant to physical therapy. Participates in department initiatives in Performance Improvement, Service Excellence, safety, and other programs.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Possesses knowledge and skill to promote excellence in patient services, community outreach and professional growth through continuing education.
- Inputting data/typing
- Answering and conversing clearly on the telephone
- Calculations Manipulating Numbers
- Interpreting Numbers
- Analyzing, Assessing/Evaluation, and Explaining.
- Problem Solving/Reasoning
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy school
- Valid and current Wyoming Physical Therapist license and CPR certification
- At least two years experience in either an inpatient or outpatient setting preferred
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center is a 222-bed hospital, located in Cheyenne, Wyoming. We provide exceptional patient care and are passionate...