Tenth and Blake Beer Company is an independent division of MillerCoors focused on the growing craft and imports segment. The company’s network of brewing expertise includes the Leinenkugel’s Brewery in Chippewa Falls, Wis., the AC Golden brewery in Golden, Colo., the Sandlot in Denver and 10th Street Brewery in Milwaukee. The company’s brands include top craft brews, such as Blue Moon, Leinenkugel’s, Henry Weinhard’s, Killian’s, Batch 19 and Colorado Native, and award-winning imports, including Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Pilsner Urquell and Grolsch. More information is available at Facebook.com/TenthAndBlake. Posting Job Description Tenth and Blake Beer Company is a collection of breweries that is focused on growing the Craft and Import beer segment of the market.
Tenth and Blake Beer Company is seeking a Distributor Beer Merchant for the Phoenix and Las Vegas market. The successful candidate will have a strong passion for beer, excellent consultative sales skills and the ability to develop long-term strategies to grow our exceptional portfolio of brands in the local market. You will be a champion for beer with the distributors and retail accounts that you work with. You will work tirelessly to ensure all of our partners, customers and consumers celebrate the joy of beer. The right candidate will always be looking for the best local solution for each brand and continually challenge the status quo.
- Position Tenth and Blake Beer Company as the market leader for Craft & Import brands through the support and implementation of our strategy.
- Develop and execute a 3-year strategic plan with select distributor partners comprised of portfolio management, brand building activities and metrics.
- Educate distributors, retailers and the broader organization on beer styles, intrinsic and food pairings.
- Ensure maximum distributor focus on the Tenth and Blake brand portfolio that leads to exceeding monthly, trimester and annual volume, profit, share and retail execution goals.
- Use analytics and market insights to drive performance in the local market.
- Develop and maintain relationships with distributors, internal stakeholders and key on and off-premise retail accounts. Preferred Qualifications Qualified candidates will be able to demonstrate their strong passion for beer, hold a minimum of a bachelors’ degree and have at least 2 years of experience in sales, brewing or marketing in a complex environment. You must have exceptional communication and influencing skills as well as the ability to think strategically.
- Prior sales experience is preferred Bachelors’ degree is preferred
- Strong passion for beer is required Beer knowledge is strongly preferred
- The ability to analyze a situation and develop a strategic plan *Strong execution skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Retail and customer solution based selling ability
- Customer Focus
- Persuasion Planning and Organization
- Initiative Working knowledge of distributor operations (value drivers, supply chain management ,service policy, cost drivers, DGP and basic financial measures, selling and delivery systems)
- Execution expertise (providing direction and solutions to improve in market execution
- Ability to identify internal control gaps at distributors and provide solutions)
- Pricing strategy and in-market tactics Financial/budget acumen
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills *Effective analytical skills – basic finance/business skills
- Effective problem solving
- High energy team player with strong social skills
MillerCoors - 2 years ago
MillerCoors is proof that beer can make old foes new friends. Long-time rivals, UK-based SABMiller and US-based Molson Coors put aside their...