This position will be responsible for performing loss mitigation activities on delinquent accounts: The ability to analyze financial documents, negotiate settlements, and clearly communicate with customers and Bank management personnel is critical. The candidate must be able to counsel customers on available loss mitigation options (Home Affordable Modification Program, standard modification, standard short sale, and deed-in-lieu of foreclosure) in order to minimize loss and quickly resolve open delinquencies.
Additionally, the position will be responsible for investigating and resolving various borrower credit disputes, maintaining demand deposit reporting on delinquent accounts, produce mass mail solicitations, and prepare internal bank reports on non-performing assets.
The candidate will ensure all accounts are serviced within the policies and procedures of the Bank, applicable investor, and mortgage insurer guidelines while maintaining compliance with FDCPA, Wisconsin Consumer Act and all state and federal laws and regulations.
- Two years of loss mitigation experience preferred.
- Must have an understanding of consumer mortgage loan products and lending compliance regulations. Familiarity with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, lending compliance regulations, and Freddie Mac non-performing loan administration preferred.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate high quality decision making, keen problem solving and analytic skills..
- Effective communicator and relationship builder, who consistently demonstrates a positive attitude with clients, managers and team members. Excellent customer relationship skills are necessary. Ability to interact effectively with all levels of associates. Must exhibit enthusiasm, energy, and function as a team player.
- Diligent work ethic/self-motivated with the ability to work independently or as a contributing team member.
- High School diploma or advanced education/certification.
- Must exhibit a strong desire to live our organization's mission, vision, and values, including adherence to applicable information privacy guidelines.
- Strong interest and desire for self-development and continuous improvement.
- Requires 3-5 years of mortgage banking experience. Relevant financial services experience will be considered in lieu of specific mortgage banking experience.
- Strong PC skills required including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, while meeting deadlines and maintaining quality levels. Demonstrates flexibility in responding to changes in assignment and job responsibility in a dynamic environment.
Johnson Bank - 2 years ago
Johnson Financial Group is the holding company for Johnson Bank, which has more than 50 offices in Wisconsin and Arizona. Serving consumers...