Cleveland-based KeyCorp is one of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $97 billion. Key companies provide investment management, retail and commercial banking, consumer finance, and investment banking products and services to individuals and companies throughout the United States and, for certain businesses, internationally. The company's businesses deliver their products and services through branches and offices; a network of 1,439 ATMs; telephone banking centers 1-800-KEY2YOU® (1-800-539-2968); and a website, Key.com®, that provides account access and financial products 24 hours a day.
About the Job
Initiates and drives the origination/process of 1-4 family residential real estate mortgage loans and provide residential real estate sales guidance in the assigned area. Establish and grow a network of external referral sources from which to originate mortgage loans; included are referral sources e.g. homebuilders, realtors, non-profits, Key Centers and previous customer referrals. Meets or exceeds established sales, cross-sell and referral goals congruently with maintaining superior standards of client satisfaction and quality. Initiates and manages client referral and cross sell opportunities ensuring all new customers are introduced to local Key Centers. Maintains sales/originator systems and efficient work flows.
Essential Job Functions
- Demonstrate ability to establish and develop a network of external referral sources within the assigned area and originate/book good applications from these referral sources. Includes external referral sources e.g. homebuilders, realtors, non-profits, key centers and previous customer referrals.
- Develop/maintain a high performance sales environment and sales team by demonstrating the sales process: preplanning - performing and documenting sales call activity, seeking/completing and delivering sales training, sharing of best practices and providing shadowing/coaching with Mortgage Advisors - ensuring all components of the Key sales process are effectively executed. Includes development and execution of homebuyer seminars, daily "Pipeline Report" management, required follow up.
- Consistently meets and/or exceeds line-of-business established goals by advising clients and prospects of appropriate mortgage products, complete the mortgage application package, and assure timeliness - quality - and timely communication.
- Initiate and participate in the continuous improvement of the business.
- Manage the referral process to ensure all of your new customers are introduced to a local Key Center (in-person, phone or copy of application).
- Reviews customer survey results, use the knowledge to maintain a high score and adjust your delivery.
- Continuously analyzes and assesses your market needs.
- Maintain the most current Compliance information disclosing to clients loan facts to every client. Responsible for overall compliance and quality control of your work - ensuring documentation is appropriate; application packages are timely, quality is acceptable, and timely completion of disclosures.
- Proactively recommend system enhancements to facilitate the work process, and implement system changes as required.
- Maintain current knowledge of processing systems, industry trends, and FNMA, FHLMC, FHA/VA and portfolio guidelines.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with other departments and lines of business to foster open communication and grow the business.
- High School diploma/equivalent education.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in mortgage sales.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mortgage loan processing, underwriting, closing and legal, compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated effective sales skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications.
- Employees in this job are required to comply with all rules and regulations of The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (The SAFE Act)
Careers at Key
- Four-year college degree/equivalent work experience in sales or related field.
- Knowledge of PC-based applications processed on UniForm.
- Excellent knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA and local state housing programs.
- 5+ years mortgage experience with an emphasis in Community Development lending.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
KeyBank - 15 months ago
Financial services giant KeyCorp unlocks its customers' monetary potential. With a focus on retail operations, flagship subsidiary KeyB...