Sequel Youth and Family Services is opening a new residential treatment program, Sequel Transitional Academy, in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. This is a 32-bed transitional living program for males, ages 16-19.
We have immediate needs for full-time Youth Counselors to provide direct care to youth, as prescribed by the physician, licensed therapist, and treatment team. The Youth Counselors establish structure and routine through the use of the Behavior Guidance Program.
Job Duties Include:
- Maintain safety, accountability (correct count of each student) and security of campus.
- Teach, coach and supervise students in activities of daily living including morning, bedtime and overnight procedures, hygiene and cleanliness, housekeeping, meals, school, therapeutic endeavors, intramurals, sports, academics, skills of self-sufficiency and extracurricular activities both on and off campus.
- Observe the peer culture for patterns of behavior indicating progress or regression in the program.
- Observe individual student behavior over time and recognize progress towards treatment goals.
- Effectively communicate, both written and orally, all critical incidents involving students and staff.
- Plan, implement and evaluate student activities on an ongoing basis including, recreational, educational and therapeutic activities.
- Follow and implement individual treatment plans for all students.
- Recognize escalating behaviors and intervene at the appropriate level to ensure safety and security.
- Transport students to court, home passes and appointments as necessary.
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- College degree in Human Services field and one year previous work/volunteer experience with juveniles preferred.
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance after 60 days
- Company provided Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Company provided AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending program
- Paid Time Off
Sequel Youth and Family Services - 21 months ago