CNBC Technology is looking for a QA Analyst to join the QA team. The QA Analyst will participate in testing any of the CNBC software products such as - Content Management System, Website and related CNBC applications across multiple platforms. We are looking for candidates with strong manual and automated testing experience with emphasis on testing website features including Video, SEO features, Social Media Integration and Ads. Candidate must be able to work independently and possess effective time management skills and can thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment. |
1. BS degree or higher in computer science with minimum of 3+ years of experience in software testing
2. Minimum 3 years of Quality Assurance experience testing News website, preferably financial news website
3. 2 + years of experience testing flash Video players (Live and On-demand), Search, Comments, Content Management System (like Drupal), etc
4. Experience in testing News/Video/Quote feeds, SEO, Ads and Metrics tracking
5. Experience with any of the automation tools like QTP or RFT or Selenium
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
7. Strong process skills; knowledge of software development lifecycle
8. Understanding of Financial Markets: equities, fixed income, derivatives, and commodities
9. Comfortable interacting and communicating with people at various levels within the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Providing test status reports to project team
2. Reviewing requirements, business and system use cases, technical specifications and other project documentation
3. Writing test cases to verify requirements
4. Providing test estimates
5. Writing and maintaining regression test cases
6. Writing test plans
7. Recording details of test executions
8. Manual execution of test scripts
9. Writing and tracking defects and verifying defect resolution
10. Creation and maintenance of automated test scripts
1. Customer focused, resourceful and self-motivated personality.
2. Strong sense of accountability.
3. Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
4. Possesses a willingness to inspire commitment and instill a positive attitude within the team.
5. Proactive and creative - able to anticipate issues and identify areas for improvement.
NBC Universal - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard